3000 Cards and Cooling

This only really applies to the Founders Edition of the 3000 series cards but what do potential cooling set ups look like on those. Seems like if your opting for one of the founders editions that air cooling would be the better way to go but could water cooling your CPU actually be worse or at least not as efficient as air cooling? Would there even be a difference?

There is no issue with warm air going towards the CPU heatsink if that's what you worry about. Many reviewers tested it and all came to the same cocclusion that it doesn't make your cpu run hotter. It even helps the CPU cooling by a small percentage.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

1 minute ago, Stahlmann said:

There is no issue with warm air going towards the CPU heatsink if that's what you worry about. Many reviewers tested it and all came to the same comclusion that it doesn't make your cpu run hotter. It even helps the CPU cooling by a small percentage.

Yeah that is what I  have heard, so is that little cooling boost enough to rather air cool the CPU or liquid cool it? I f I mount the rad up top would it make it worse? I really don't know I  am sort of a PC noob.

1 minute ago, spent_idol said:

Yeah that is what I  have heard, so is that little cooling boost enough to rather air cool the CPU or liquid cool it? I f I mount the rad up top would it make it worse? I really don't know I  am sort of a PC noob.

The main thing to take away from this is: Air or liquid cooling is both pretty much UNAFFECTED by the 3080 FE's airflow. It certainly doesn't make anything worse.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

1 minute ago, Stahlmann said:

The main thing to take away from this is: Air or liquid cooling is both pretty much UNAFFECTED by the 3080 FE's airflow. It certainly doesn't make anything worse.

Yeah that is what I was feeling. Thanks for the confirmation!