Upgrading 9700K to 9900K worth it?

Hi there, I noticed on PCPartPicker, the 9900K $160 off on Canada Computers and am wondering if it is worth it to upgrade from my 9700K to a 9900K.

I do have extra RAM, and an extra GPU lying around, so I might also make a secondary system with the 9700K if I upgrade to a 9900K.

Intensive tasks I do:

Video Editing in Final Cut Pro X (my system is a Hackintosh) and DaVinci Resolve 16

Rendering in Blender and Eyesight

Gaming in Windows

I'm thinking that upgrading it would be worthwhile, because the extra 8 threads and hyperthreading.

Seems like a legitimate upgrade unless the board supports 10th gen chips, then go that route instead. imo.

If you can afford it and there's performance you find worthwhile to inherit, absolutely feel free

Your workload will be different than others' so you may have to judge on your own fields

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

11 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Seems like a legitimate upgrade unless the board supports 10th gen chips, then go that route instead. imo.

Ughh... 10th gen is LGA1200 while 9th gen is LGA1151....... So... yeah it physically wont fit.

Remember! Reality Is An Illusion, The Universe Is A Hologram, Buy GOLD! Byeeee!!!

9 minutes ago, PiberiusWilde said:

Ughh... 10th gen is LGA1200 while 9th gen is LGA1151....... So... yeah it physically wont fit.

Ah yes thanks for the reminder. I'm still stuck on 1151 myself lol.