24" monitor for productivity and gaming

Les_Paul

Hi there, I'm looking for a new monitor, this will be used mostly for productivity (60%, spreadsheets and web-based platforms) but also youtube (20%) and occasional gaming (20%). I'm looking for a 24", 1080p, budget around £200 (I'm based in UK). I'm considering a 144hz as I should be able to go over 60fps with my 1660 super in well optimised games like rocket league and pubg.

I already tried an AOC 24G2U, sadly I returned it due to the bad colour uniformity, white background in a browser would display grey on the sides. Definitely not great for daily use outside gaming.

I'm now trying the dell U2419H, great design and great colour uniformity, although for videos and gaming is not the best as black is not deep and shows as grey.

My questions at these point are, do gaming monitors not use better panels than monitors designed for productivity? 

Would it make sense to buy a 144hz monitor for occasional gaming?

Is there a monitor you can recommend around £200 budget that has good colours and features but also good viewing angles and colour uniformity for productivity? 

I'm looking at in particular at Asus VG259Q, or a more regular AOC24P2C. 

Thanks!

20 minutes ago, Les_Paul said:

Hi there, I'm looking for a new monitor, this will be used mostly for productivity (60%, spreadsheets and web-based platforms) but also youtube (20%) and occasional gaming (20%). I'm looking for a 24", 1080p, budget around £200 (I'm based in UK). I'm considering a 144hz as I should be able to go over 60fps with my 1660 super in well optimised games like rocket league and pubg.

I already tried an AOC 24G2U, sadly I returned it due to the bad colour uniformity, white background in a browser would display grey on the sides. Definitely not great for daily use outside gaming.

I'm now trying the dell U2419H, great design and great colour uniformity, although for videos and gaming is not the best as black is not deep and shows as grey.

My questions at these point are, do gaming monitors not use better panels than monitors designed for productivity? 

Would it make sense to buy a 144hz monitor for occasional gaming?

Is there a monitor you can recommend around £200 budget that has good colours and features but also good viewing angles and colour uniformity for productivity? 

I'm looking at in particular at Asus VG259Q, or a more regular AOC24P2C. 

Thanks!

If you have a decent amount of money I would say that 144hz is worth it, even if you are a more casual gamer. You can find a good 144hz monitor for around 140.

geometry is hard
b550 > x570