New Build | Failed to POST

Hockey_stick_man_87

Hello!

I am attempting to build my computer and I'm failing to POST. All my computer specs are below. So far, all fans are working including CPU fan, the RAM rgb is working, and LEDs are working. Also, my motherboard displays a red LED under DRAM, indication an issue with it, but unfortunately it isnt directly clear about it. The error code given on my motherboard is "0d" and "A6". When the computer is turned on, DRAM is lit up red and after awhile, including on restart, it lights up the CPU for a split second then back to DRAM. I have attempted to reinstall everything yet not fix. Then I tried inserting different RAM into different channels, still no luck. Tried my brothers RAM that I know works, still nothing. I'm honestly stumped at this point what this could be. If anyone has any input on what I should do, it would be appreciated! :)

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900x

GPU: MSI 3080 GAMING X TRIO

PSU: 850w EVGA SUPERNOVA G3, RATED GOLD

MOBO: X570 Aorus Master

STORAGE: M.2 SABRENT ROCKET NVME 4.0 1TB

RAM: TRIDENTZ RGB 2x 16GB 4000

CPU COOLER: NOCTUA NH-U12A

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

3 minutes ago, Hockey_stick_man_87 said:

I have not but will give it a try! :)

Take the CPU out to be safe and follow the Q Flash Plus instructions. Reinstall and have fun with the new rig!

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

1 hour ago, Voluspa said:

Take the CPU out to be safe and follow the Q Flash Plus instructions. Reinstall and have fun with the new rig!

Thanks for that! I updated the BIOS via Q Flash Plus and still getting a black screen but am getting new debug codes on repeat. I followed all Q Flash Plus steps correctly, removing CPU, GPU, NVMe, and removed any external components. DRAM is still lit and red. Could it be a memory channel issue from the CPU? hmmmm.
- 0d

- A6

- C8

2 hours ago, Hockey_stick_man_87 said:

Thanks for that! I updated the BIOS via Q Flash Plus and still getting a black screen but am getting new debug codes on repeat. I followed all Q Flash Plus steps correctly, removing CPU, GPU, NVMe, and removed any external components. DRAM is still lit and red. Could it be a memory channel issue from the CPU? hmmmm.
- 0d

- A6

- C8

When you say you inserted it into different slots. Did you do A2 and B2, 2nd and 4th from the CPU? Have you tried only 1 stick?

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?

2 minutes ago, Voluspa said:

When you say you inserted it into different slots. Did you do A2 and B2, 2nd and 4th from the CPU? Have you tried only 1 stick?

Yes, I tried all slots with one and two sticks. A1, B1, A2, B2. Just tried using a different GPU, removed and replaced the CMOS battery. Tried using the backup BIOS but no luck. I have never of this happening. Could be a CPU issue?

• 1 month later...
On 11/9/2020 at 5:46 AM, Hockey_stick_man_87 said:

Yes, I tried all slots with one and two sticks. A1, B1, A2, B2. Just tried using a different GPU, removed and replaced the CMOS battery. Tried using the backup BIOS but no luck. I have never of this happening. Could be a CPU issue?

Did you ever solve this? I’m getting similar error codes, 14, 15, C8 and sticking on 07 (or D7). Not sure whether it’s to do with my ram being incompatible. (I don’t have a graphics card yet, I’m not sure if this is anything to do with it)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

Having the exact same thing post codes 0d briefly interchanged with A6. Did pretty much the same steps as the Hockey Stick Man, but can't even get into the bios at all. Not sure why this is happening - I specifically bought the components to be compatible:

AMD R9 5950X

Mobo: Aorus x570 Master rev 1.2

RAM: G-Skill Trident Royal 32Gig 3600

Zotac RTX 3070 Twin Edge OC

Storage: Samsung 980 pro 500 gig for OS, 2x Sabrent 500 gig for progs and games and 4 HDD's ranging from 2 to 8 TB

PSU: Corsair 850watt RMI

Q flash didn't work whatsoever - but then again, I thought that these newer versions of the x570 boards were compatible with the 5000 series ootb? But it just sits there when I boot it up, slapping me with the 0d and A6 post code and the led stuck on DRAM while flashing every now and then to CPU. Don't have no signal from the graphics card, so I don't get into the bios and as said, even when I follow the steps, Q flash just sits there being pretty and nothing happens. And please tell me whether there is a way without disassembling everything - I have a dual custom hard line water loop in there, it took me nearly a week to build and disassembly and rebuilding will take me another week. Any suggestions or ideas? Thanks a million :)

Gr,

J.

My new current system:

MoBo: Gigabyte Aorus x570 Master | CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950x | RAM: G-Skill Trident Royal 32gHz @ 3600 mHz | GPU: Zotac RTX 3070 Twin Edge OC | SoundCard: SoundblasterX AE5 white pure| Storage: Toshiba 3TB; Seagate 2TB; WD Blue 4TB; Seagate 8TB Samsung EVO 980 500 GB PCIe 4 NVME; Sabrent 500GB PCIe 4 NVME x 2 | Case: Thermaltake the Tower 900 | Monitor: Toshiba HD 32"; Dell 24"; 7" hardware monitor LCD | PSU: Corsair RM850i | Propellors: Thermaltake Riing plus 12 x 8; Thermaltake Riing plus 14 x 3; Thermaltake Riing sync 12 x 2 and 5 other propellors for a push-pull config on a 360 and 480 rad | Cooling and remaining stuff: dual custom loop with a) one EK D5 Revo pump and b) one EK D5 Quantum Inertia pump.

I think I have a pretty good idea - since I've now disassembled my system, I will just put in my old 2700X, boot into the bios and update the bios there to F30 or whatever the newest version is. Then I will replace the cpu and I suppose that should work.

Gr,

J.

My new current system:

MoBo: Gigabyte Aorus x570 Master | CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950x | RAM: G-Skill Trident Royal 32gHz @ 3600 mHz | GPU: Zotac RTX 3070 Twin Edge OC | SoundCard: SoundblasterX AE5 white pure| Storage: Toshiba 3TB; Seagate 2TB; WD Blue 4TB; Seagate 8TB Samsung EVO 980 500 GB PCIe 4 NVME; Sabrent 500GB PCIe 4 NVME x 2 | Case: Thermaltake the Tower 900 | Monitor: Toshiba HD 32"; Dell 24"; 7" hardware monitor LCD | PSU: Corsair RM850i | Propellors: Thermaltake Riing plus 12 x 8; Thermaltake Riing plus 14 x 3; Thermaltake Riing sync 12 x 2 and 5 other propellors for a push-pull config on a 360 and 480 rad | Cooling and remaining stuff: dual custom loop with a) one EK D5 Revo pump and b) one EK D5 Quantum Inertia pump.

Ok, this works: swapped cpu with old cpu and upgraded bios to F30. Swapped them back again and it works now. So, if you can't find an old usb stick or can't be bothered to buy one, you can do this as well if you have an older Ryzen processor 2000 or 3000 still. I don't think the first gen Zen is supported in 570 boards. Might be a handy tip.

My new current system:

• 2 years later...

bro, i have same issue , error code 0d 14 15 07 A6 C8 on my x470 gigabyte gaming 7, from last 4 year it was working good, until yesterday i have just removed RAM & extra SSD from my system to test in another build. after that .. BOOM.. my system is not posting at all.. error code circling  0d 14 15 07 A6 C8 to stop at error 15.  reattached everything RAM, GPU , CPU, CMOS cleared,  tried everything nothing works, after  reading this post, as suggested by @Jojobaplant,  swapped my cpu with 2700x.. BOOM.. it booted in first trial. what crazy day.