good 3d printer

Tom_nerd

hey guys I'm mostly a PC hardware guy but recently got into 3d modelling and was thinking about getting a 3d printer for Christmas so I can print some cool stuff out. anyway, I was looking at this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Monoprice-Select-Mini-Printer-Assembled/dp/B06XXPN8GY/ref=sr_1_9?dchild=1&keywords=3d+printer&qid=1604863782&refinements=p_36%3A-15000&rnid=118657031&sr=8-9

my budget is £125 which is roughly $165. Is there anything better that I have not seen?

(I'm mediocre at assembling things)

thanks in advance,

Tom

The MP mini is okay, but you get orders of magnitude more value out of an Ender 3. It's about double the price, but I firmly believe that it will be worth more than double in headaches saved, features, and print quality.

ASU

2 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

headaches saved, features, and print quality.

I'm a bit of a 3d printing noob. what would those kind of things be?

1 hour ago, Tom_nerd said:

I'm a bit of a 3d printing noob. what would those kind of things be?

Well the Ender is a much more rigid machine which means the print quality will be better. If the structure can flex, the nozzle may not be exactly where the machine wanted it to be. The machine comes pretty well calibrated and tuned from the factory so it will print better with minimal tuning. All the Crealiy printers have a pretty large community around them so you'll be able to get more support when things don't go as planned. That said, the out of the box experience will be a lot better with a creality machine due to the better build quality over the monoprice. It's just a better machine.

ASU

I like my Ender 3 Pro.

It's been fun to tinker with. Most of what I've printed has been things meant to upgrade the printer itself lol.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs