Should I buy a network card for the MSI Tomahawk x570?

Reonu

That's the board I ordered for my 5800X + 3070 build, since the VRMs are godlike. But apparently its weak spot is the networking. I've read that it offloads data to the CPU when stressed and that it just isn't very good.

Should I get a network card? And if so, which one?

I have a 600 Mbps fiber connection and I'll always be connected via Ethernet. Never wifi

5 minutes ago, Reonu said:

That's the board I ordered for my 5800X + 3070 build, since the VRMs are godlike. But apparently its weak spot is the networking. I've read that it offloads data to the CPU when stressed and that it just isn't very good.

Should I get a network card? And if so, which one?

I have a 600 Mbps fiber connection and I'll always be connected via Ethernet. Never wifi

whats a network card? and what does it do? i am getting this motherboard as well and i would like to know the answers to your question aswell

I've never heard of the issue you have. I have a 1Gbit connection and my former B450 Tomahawk always had the FULL bandwidth without "offloading" anything on the CPU.

If you're talking about game downloads, it's completely normal that the CPU has to decompress the data you're downloading (for example steam downloads). This happens with every CPU on every platform and every chipset.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.