New Razer Blade 14inch

GriggsCK

Ok so i found something else over the blade, although its assuming that the difference between the 750 and 770 is the same as 850 and 870

http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GT-750M.90245.0.html

http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-770M.88995.0.html

Looking at these benchmarks, the 770 clearer out preforms the 750, however, i don't think that a $300 invesment over the 750 is backed up by the preformance output. If you wanted to game those high end games, which you probably would if your in the market for such expensive laptop, your better off with either something thats not in this form factor, or a desktop

yes it is better but its 17 inches, 3 inches more than the blade allowing it to fit more things inside and also smaller parts I THINK are more expensive? might be wrong on that though. However if i was gonna dish around 2.5-3k, id do it on sumthing like a gs70 

Actually GS70 only cost about 1500~1700$, at least in my country. 

-Desktop: Asrock H81M-HDS R2.0, Pentium G3258 4.2 ghz OC, Palit GTX 750 ti StormX, Kingston HyperX Fury 1600 4gb, Seagate Baracuda
-Laptop: MSI GE620DX, i72670QM 2.2 Ghz, 8GB 1333mhz Ram, GT555M 2GB DDR3.
-Gaming peripherals: Razer Deathadder 2013, Superlux HD 681 Evo Razer Goliathus Control Medium sizeCm Storm Quickfire TK white edition.

its best to go with MSI GS70 way cheaper and better.

http://www.msi.com/product/nb/GS70_STEALTH.html#overview

Dude it's 17 inch, off course it is better. But would prefer GS60( coming soon) instead if I can't afford Blade. Either way, thin gaming laptop with amazing battery life or GTFO.

-Desktop: Asrock H81M-HDS R2.0, Pentium G3258 4.2 ghz OC, Palit GTX 750 ti StormX, Kingston HyperX Fury 1600 4gb, Seagate Baracuda
-Gaming peripherals: Razer Deathadder 2013, Superlux HD 681 Evo Razer Goliathus Control Medium sizeCm Storm Quickfire TK white edition.

Ok so i found something else over the blade, although its assuming that the difference between the 750 and 770 is the same as 850 and 870

http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GT-750M.90245.0.html

http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-770M.88995.0.html

Looking at these benchmarks, the 770 clearer out preforms the 750, however, i don't think that a $300 invesment over the 750 is backed up by the preformance output. If you wanted to game those high end games, which you probably would if your in the market for such expensive laptop, your better off with either something thats not in this form factor, or a desktop

I think the $300 include other things like a ssd/faster hard drive, more storage, more ram, more battery life, etc. That's what I see for the same model of laptop. More expensive model has more goodies other than a faster gpu. 

And the problem with other gaming laptops is they are mostly thick and bulky which people like me don't like it. And some of them even have bad battery life despite their thickness. Not to say I'll be gaming on battery but what if I can't find a plug, or I want to do something else which consume lot of power? That is one of the reasons why I love the unibody aluminium design like the Blade, GS60/70 and Macbook air/pro. Well, maybe for you that is not worth it, but for some people it does actually. Not only for the gpu but for other goodies as well. 

That's not the point. You have this beautiful screen resolution that you can't even play any games at the native resolution. Yes I know the resolution will be just fine outside of games, but it's a gaming laptop.

I'd love to see a laptop that can play @ that resolution.

Intel 4770k@4.6GHz, ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero, Kingston HyperX Beast 2x8GB 2400MHz CL11, Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming, Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB - RAID0 (2x120Gb), 2xWD 1TB (Blue and Green), Corsair H100i, Corsair AX860, CoolerMaster HAF X, ASUS STRIX Tactic pro, Logitech G400S, HyperX Cloud II, Logitech X530, Acer Predator X34.

If its not ment to game why put such a highend video card in the machine as well as why would it be made my razor, there known for there gaming products

I clearly didn't say it wasn't meant to game. Reread my post before putting words in my mouth.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Going out on a limb here, but I'm guessing the 870m isn't going to be remotely powerful enough to drive a 3200x1800 with any decent graphical quality. While the display tech is cool albeit a 14" panel with some amazing pixel density. It's still a pointless feature that will not be powered appropriately. MSi did the same thing with there 4K laptop. We don't have the GPU power on a desktop PC to drive 4k and resolutions like 1440p and 1600p require some meaty GPU's 780/290 above. That power is just not there in the mobile world yet. Also iirc the 870m is kepler so we won't be seeing any magical performance out of that. 

TL;DR: Amazing display but otherwise dumb. 

AMD Ryzen 5900x, Nvidia RTX 3080 (MSI Gaming X-trio), ASrock X570 Extreme4, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB @ 3200mhz CL16, Corsair MP600 1TB, Intel 660P 1TB, Corsair HX1000, Corsair 680x, Corsair H100i Platinum

Going out on a limb here, but I'm guessing the 870m isn't going to be remotely powerful enough to drive a 3200x1800 with any decent graphical quality. While the display tech is cool albeit a 14" panel with some amazing pixel density. It's still a pointless feature that will not be powered appropriately. MSi did the same thing with there 4K laptop. We don't have the GPU power on a desktop PC to drive 4k and resolutions like 1440p and 1600p require some meaty GPU's 780/290 above. That power is just not there in the mobile world yet. Also iirc the 870m is kepler so we won't be seeing any magical performance out of that. 

TL;DR: Amazing display but otherwise dumb. 

We still can play at 1080p, or 1440p in some not so graphics intense game, or maybe even full res. It's not a console that lock you in 720p or something, lel.  The 3200 x 1800 res with high colour accuracy is useful for text reading, watching videos/movies, photoshop, video rendering, etc. 870M is more than enough for those jobs. Clearly this new blade is not only aim for gamers but more people out there. Some people that doesn't want a Macbook, they chose blade, and now the new Blade come, some people can switch form Macbook retina with only irish pro graphics (2800 x 1800) to this new blade as well. It's not advertised as "best gaming laptop for quad hd+ 1800p gaming", they just show cases it has a high res screen with high colour accuracy, so nothing to bitch about it. If they can give us this feature as an option, why not? 

We still can play at 1080p, or 1440p in some not so graphics intense game, or maybe even full res. It's not a console that lock you in 720p or something, lel.  The 3200 x 1800 res with high colour accuracy is useful for text reading, watching videos/movies, photoshop, video rendering, etc. 870M is more than enough for those jobs. Clearly this new blade is not only aim for gamers but more people out there. Some people that doesn't want a Macbook, they chose blade, and now the new Blade come, some people can switch form Macbook retina with only irish pro graphics (2800 x 1800) to this new blade as well. It's not advertised as "best gaming laptop for quad hd+ 1800p gaming", they just show cases it has a high res screen with high colour accuracy, so nothing to bitch about it. If they can give us this feature as an option, why not? 

But in any case you're still upscaling most if not all the time. They could've put a 1440p Display in it which would've been just as nice and more in tune with the hardware. A nice high Quality 1440p IPS would've still made more sense. Even if that is still alittle much for the laptop hardware to drive. While I'm all for amazing displays and this is one of them. They have use cases, you don't see people with Low-mid end GPU's buying 1440p+ monitors because it makes no sense to do so. And Native resolution gaming and Movies TV all media is far better than upscaling and stretching that content to fit your display.

So you've got a couple options you turn the details down alot to get good frames for the native res. You turn the res down and upscale. Or you Turn the res down and don't have scaling on (playing in a box in the middle of your screen).

All of these aren't acceptable for the price of the machine. I'm not hating on the screen by its self or the Hardware, just the combination of the two. Its a mismatched machine. I'd make the same argument for the MBP retina being driven by IrisPro, its neither good as a work station or for gaming, but atleast you don't have to stretch your media as badly as this blade will. 

The blade's screen and size is very much ahead of its time in regards to display. But the hardware hasn't caught up yet. 

AMD Ryzen 5900x, Nvidia RTX 3080 (MSI Gaming X-trio), ASrock X570 Extreme4, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB @ 3200mhz CL16, Corsair MP600 1TB, Intel 660P 1TB, Corsair HX1000, Corsair 680x, Corsair H100i Platinum

@Gunjob , we will see if it happen when Linus review it. But still, I think this is an amazing piece of hardware. If I already got my first rig, would definitely get one. 

Why so skeptical ppl?

It's a nice piece of kit to be able to buy it if you need it. Why rant and pretend you know better than a multimillion company that is Razer?

Intel 4770k@4.6GHz, ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero, Kingston HyperX Beast 2x8GB 2400MHz CL11, Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming, Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB - RAID0 (2x120Gb), 2xWD 1TB (Blue and Green), Corsair H100i, Corsair AX860, CoolerMaster HAF X, ASUS STRIX Tactic pro, Logitech G400S, HyperX Cloud II, Logitech X530, Acer Predator X34.

Why so skeptical ppl?

It's a nice piece of kit to be able to buy it if you need it. Why rant and pretend you know better than a multimillion company that is Razer?

Because you don't need to be a multimillion dollar company to know these things, but razor also knows people will buy them anyway. No one is "pretending"

Ok so it starts at 2419.99 USD and then for 256 goes to 2639 USD , and then to 2969 USD @ 512 which is ridiculously more expensive than the last one. Last generation I probably would have taken Blade over a MBP15 inch, but this time id bereluctant. MBP @ $2650 seems to have same processor, same screen, 512 GB SSD 16 GB RAM, only down side is the graphics card, which is significantly less powerful. When apple releases the next MBP with an 800 series Graphics card, i wouldnt be suprised if i see a better processor than the blade's and atleast an 860 or sumthing around that and knowing apple they'll add sumthing else just cus they can. 

The prices are actually 2199.99 USD for 128, 2399.99USD for 256 and 2699.99 for 512. You posted the prices in CAD

about 10 times more expensive than my laptop.. But definitely drool worthy..

The prices are actually 2199.99 USD for 128, 2399.99USD for 256 and 2699.99 for 512. You posted the prices in CAD

Ok ty for that, i didn't realize there was that big a difference...

this would be a completely different argument if windows had a propper HiDPI mode, like apples retina display, where upping the resolution keeps the UI elements the same size just creates them out of more pixels, then when you play a game you can run it at a downscaled but still decent resolution with good interpolisation

however on windows having a really high resolution will just make everything unreadable and tiny, trying to browse the web at that resolution must be horrible, you would probably have to downscale just to browse the web thus making the screen utterly pointless

EDIT, however if microsoft implemented this i would be SO happy, i would love a laptop like this to replace my super heavy gaming laptop, really good power, really thin and super sexy display - can dream though

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

We probably have a competitor for the Macbooks and Macbook pros and it will probably have the price range in the Apple macbook pro range or even more expensive. I would like one, even if I don't use the resolution to the max but if you an get a stable game at 2560x1440 it could be worth it

$$金Trill金$$

Any news on when the 17 inch Blade Pro will get an update? 14 inch is just too small :(

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

Guess I'm the only one here that's excited to pre-order a 512gb razer blade after hearing about it?

I was looking for a laptop anyway, got the Razer Kraken 7.1 and Razer Ouroboros just because it'll match.

I'm happy with my buy, just waiting for it sucks.

Any news on when the 17 inch Blade Pro will get an update? 14 inch is just too small :(

It was updated with more RAM and the GTX 860M

That's all their doing to it this run. I think I heard the ceo say that adding the same screen on the 17" would sacrifice the battery life too much or something.

I have a Yoga 2 Pro, which as 3200x1800 touch screen as well. It is amazing. For those of you complaining about having the option of using a higher resolution - get lost.

Well you know, since it's Yoga 2 Pro, I don't do heavy gaming (HD4400 lol). I still run Diablo3 and LOL smoothly thou. NOTE - since 8.1 has the option to make text 200% larger for all programs, the mouse cursor disappears in certain games. I had to scale it back down to 150% to see the mouse in diablo 3, which is annoying. 

Anyway, I digress. Does anyone know if the new razor uses a M2. connection or mSATA? Does it have an additional slot for SSD? If so, is it also M2? 

That's the only thing keeping me from pre-ordering now. I HATE M2 SSD.... their website said the default ssd is M2, and it didn't mention about additional slot. So if anyone know, please let me know!

Thanks!

Turn it on.

Suffer burn wounds.

I think that it is an amazing product right now. Light, sexy and powerful.

You can always play at lower res or choose to go full 3200x1800 which will eliminate the need for AA (14" screen dude,even 1080p is sharp).

Price is actually reasonable for the design and engineering aspect. Razer +1

Dammitttt my Aorus X7 is coming Monday, I hope this is either super expensive or the 870m is weaker than 765m SLI, because if not I'll be mad D:

Please pretty please do a review on the X7 from a real-world consume standpoint. I'm this close >.< to replacing my 4yr old Quad Core DDR2 desktop with something that can serve to edit videos/photos on the go, and be as light as my Samsung "Web Dev" laptop.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | REDACTED - 50GB US + CAN Data for $34/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)