Biostar Hi-Fi B85S3+ Version 6.0 not working with Intel Core i7 4790k.

Hi users. Title is pretty self explanatory, basically I've tried three different i7's with this motherboard, which currently works with my Pentium G3220. Now, all the documentation Biostar provides, whether it be on their website, or in my manual, says this board and version supports the 4790k. I've updated the BIOS, painstakingly tried each and every BIOS version to no avail, and I've contacted Biostar themselves. They claim that the 4790k requires liquid cooling, which everyone should know is a load of crap. Plenty of people run it with stock coolers, and there's no reason it shouldn't work with my Hyper 212 Evo. No CPU with a TDP of 84W should require liquid cooling, and that doesn't explain why I don't get any video signal whatsoever.

I'm concerned that Biostar may be misrepresenting their product. I'm pretty poor, and buying a new motherboard isn't in the cards (not until I upgrade to Ryzen).

When it comes to troubleshooting, I think I've done everything I can. I've tried with different RAM configurations (32GB currently) tried unplugging all of my SATA drives, tried running off of motherboard video and unplugged my GPU, I've cleared CMOS, I've re-updated BIOS, and nothing is working. The PC runs fine with my worthless dual core, but I think we all know that isn't enough in 2020.

Biostar probably lied to you.

Call them back and explain to them why a 4790K doesn't require liquid cooling, then yell at them until you get to a competent person.

Good luck :)

JK, ignore the second part about yelling.

elephants

• 2 weeks later...

After struggling with them for nearly twenty days, they basically told me to go fuck myself and buy a new motherboard from them. As if I can at this point.

Moral of the story: Never ever ever ever buy anything from Biostar. Hope others can help get the word out about this shell company of a shell company.

Trash.