Motherboard dead after usb 2.0 ports stop giving power

Hi All. if this is the wrong spot let me know

My ASROCK H81M HDS motherboard, probably about 7 years old now, (at least im suspecting motherboard) wont power on.

I was on my pc as usual, went out, and came back to my keyboard not working (plugged into usb 2.0 ports), but everything plugged into USB 3, such as my mouse, external hard drive, and phone on front usb 3 were fine, moving my keyboard to usb 3 worked fine

I thought this was weird, so I restarted my computer and it boots fine, no errors, but usb 2.0 on motherboard is still dead.

so I turn off the computer, then at the power supply, then the wall and left it for a few minutes to ensure everything is out of power

I have swapped the cpu, ram slot, tried a different case power on switch, reseating power supply, and the old shorting with a screwdriver and the pc wont turn, (this is with just the cpu, ram, 24 pin and 4 pin cpu connector in, as well as a cpu fan to see if the pc turns on at all)

My power supply is fairly new, but I do have another I can try, but my only other guess is that the motherboard is toast or potentially the cmos battery has died? I have read that if they go weird issues can arise and it wont turn on

has anyone experienced this before? is there another way to turn the motherboard on in case its just the power on switch that has failed such as the reset button?

CPU: i5-4690k @ 4.4 GHz | RAM: 12GB DDR3 1333MHz | GPU: Sapphire Pulse RX 580 4GB