Is a used GTX 970 for 75 usd worth it ?

expiredbiscuit

Is a used GTX 970 for 750 USD worth it?? I don't really know how old the card is. I am guessing it is about 3 years old.. How much longer should I expect it to run? And for how much longer will it be able to run new titles?

6 minutes ago, expiredbiscuit said:

Is a used GTX 970 for 750 USD worth it?? I don't really know how old the card is. I am guessing it is about 3 years old.. How much longer should I expect it to run? And for how much longer will it be able to run new titles?

GTX 970 is still a respectable 1080p card and even 1440p on some logger titles, I was able to run Forza horizon 4 at 4k with it on medium fine, for 75usd not a bad price but I'd look else where for 6gb of vram and a faster core since the new consoles are on the verge of releasing that also means games will get more intensive especially with how powerful they actually are, if you need the card now then maybe try to lower the price to 65 but I wouldn't expect it to hold up well in a year or so, not at high settings at least

1 minute ago, Stargaze obama said:

GTX 970 is still a respectable 1080p card and even 1440p on some logger titles, I was able to run Forza horizon 4 at 4k with it on medium fine, for 75usd not a bad price but I'd look else where for 6gb of vram and a faster core since the new consoles are on the verge of releasing that also means games will get more intensive especially with how powerful they actually are, if you need the card now then maybe try to lower the price to 65 but I wouldn't expect it to hold up well in a year or so, not at high settings at least

I am fine with low settings by the way...

10 minutes ago, expiredbiscuit said:

I am fine with low settings by the way...

Well it should be fine for 3 years or so at 1080p low, for a point of reference to how it performs to a modern card

970-1060-1660/1650-3000 series budget option, a 3050 or whatever they call it, waterblocks and other accessories are pretty cheap for it too now so you can mess around with it, just try to get that price lower and note drivers won't be supported soon, I think a year? But you have to research that yourself

1 minute ago, Stargaze obama said:

Well it should be fine for 3 years or so at 1080p low, for a point of reference to how it performs to a modern card

970-1060-1660/1650-3000 series budget option, a 3050 or whatever they call it, waterblocks and other accessories are pretty cheap for it too now so you can mess around with it, just try to get that price lower and note drivers won't be supported soon, I think a year? But you have to research that yourself

Ok, thanks a lot.