New build after a very long time..

henk1122

Budget (including currency): 800 EUR

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Programming; blender; fusion 360; Video rendering; 4k gaming 

Other details 

HI!

After a very long time, I want to upgrade my system. I'm currently running a i7 3770k with 24gb memory and a cooler master v8 cooler. I want to keep my current case/ssd and graphics card (RTX 2070). 

The idea is to go water cooling for the first time with an AIO. I want to mount the radiator in the front of my case pulling air in, and putting the hot air out the back.  I want to make my system a bit more quit because it's pretty loud in gaming right now. Because I'm running linux as my main OS and barely using windows (only for a few games), I need to be able to turn of the LED's if I want. I'm not sure what the software compatibility is in Linux. 

What do you guys think of this setup? :

• Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE (129,00)
  • NZXT Kraken X53 (124,00)
  • 2* HyperX Predator RGB 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz (112,00)
  • Ryzen 7 5800X (should be 470,00)

(prices INCL VAT)

Are the fans coming with the NZXT kraken silent fans? Or should I buy 3 more Noctua ones? 

1 hour ago, henk1122 said:

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Programming; blender; fusion 360; Video rendering; 4k gaming 

Other details 

HI!

After a very long time, I want to upgrade my system. I'm currently running a i7 3770k with 24gb memory and a cooler master v8 cooler. I want to keep my current case/ssd and graphics card (RTX 2070). 

The idea is to go water cooling for the first time with an AIO. I want to mount the radiator in the front of my case pulling air in, and putting the hot air out the back.  I want to make my system a bit more quit because it's pretty loud in gaming right now. Because I'm running linux as my main OS and barely using windows (only for a few games), I need to be able to turn of the LED's if I want. I'm not sure what the software compatibility is in Linux. 

• HyperX Predator RGB 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz (112,00)

(prices INCL VAT)

Are the fans coming with the NZXT kraken silent fans? Or should I buy 3 more Noctua ones? 

je kan voor like 70 euro ook 16 gb ram die 3600 mhz is vinden man :P

Other details 

HI!

• HyperX Predator RGB 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz (112,00)

(prices INCL VAT)

https://tweakers.net/pricewatch/1411298/corsair-vengeance-lpx-cmk16gx4m2d3600c18.html goedkoper zelfs.

1 hour ago, irrelevante knaap said:

je kan voor like 70 euro ook 16 gb ram die 3600 mhz is vinden man :P

Woops; is een kit uiteraard van 2*16gb ;) 32gb totaal, heb er even 2* voor gezet .

1 hour ago, boggy77 said:

You can get a good air cooler like the noctua nh-d15, which should be better and cheaper than that kraken.

Why would it be better? I'm still using the fans which came with the case and they are not silent at all. If I replace the front fans which come with the kraken, wouldn't that be better? 

Why would it be better? I'm still using the fans which came with the case and they are not silent at all. If I replace the front fans which come with the kraken, wouldn't that be better? 

Set custom fan curves for the case fans. Usually there are "silent" profiles for case fans in bios. With a good air cooler, the cpu temps are lower so the case fans can run at a lower speed as well

Problem is if I lower the front fans to much dust will sneak in over time through other gaps in the case and result in one big dust build up :/  Those profiles never works good for me, this result mostly in much and much noise.