Gpu

NLamki

So rn my pc is rocking only a Ryzen 3 3200g with 16gb 3200 RAM. Planning on getting a gpu soon. I am aware that with that cpu I'm leaving out performance but I plan on getting the R5 5600 soon anyway.

My question is which GPU should I go for? I want 4k game 60fps. Should I go for 3070, 3080 or 6800XT ? I'm not talking about rn, I'm still saving, it will probably be next year by Jan or Feb.

3 minutes ago, NLamki said:

My question is which GPU should I go for? I want 4k game 60fps. Should I go for 3070, 3080 or 6800XT ? I'm not talking about rn, I'm still saving, it will probably be next year by Jan or Feb.

the best one you can afford by that time, since 4K is quite demanding.

and of course, wait for benchmarks. now is not the time to decide.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

well you put your self in a tricky situation. Team purple(AMD and Nvidia PCs) are dead. AMD forces users to go full red if they want good gaming performance. Intel will be better at gaming but that would require a mobo change. your only good choice is 6800xt which is not an good option considering it doesn't have DLSS

2 minutes ago, Doubble said:

well you put your self in a tricky situation. Team purple(AMD and Nvidia PCs) are dead. AMD forces users to go full red if they want good gaming performance. Intel will be better at gaming but that would require a mobo change. your only good choice is 6800xt which is not an good option considering it doesn't have DLSS

DLSS is not widely adopted in gaming so it is not a deciding factor in performance, does not make AMD a bad option by default.

AMD doesn't force anyone to go full red to get good performance. We do not have benchmark data that shows an ADM graphics card without an AMD CPU hurts performance so much that it makes the cards a bad buy.

most of the things you have been posting recently are either highly opinionated or false and you should not be circulating information that is speculative or not accurate, at least without a disclaimer.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, Fasauceome said:

AMD doesn't force anyone to go full red to get good performance. We do not have benchmark data that shows an ADM graphics card without an AMD CPU hurts performance so much that it makes the cards a bad buy.

True AMD does not send an agent to kill you but they offer smart access memory to full red systems

Just now, Doubble said:

they offer smart access memory to full red systems

it's a tiny performance increase, according to them.

Primary PC:

6 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

the best one you can afford by that time, since 4K is quite demanding.

and of course, wait for benchmarks. now is not the time to decide.

Honestly, I can afford a 3090 but I'm not going to go all out if there is a cheaper card.

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

it's a tiny performance increase, according to them.

still they are still using deceptive marketing like rage mode and smart memory access. also DLSS is supported with AAA who want raytracing or just a better experience for their players

7 minutes ago, Doubble said:

I may go intel since I plan on eventually getting a new mobo and better cpu.

2 minutes ago, Doubble said:

still they are still using deceptive marketing like rage mode and smart memory access. also DLSS is supported with AAA who want raytracing or just a better experience for their players

are you suggesting that Nvidia and Intel don't use deceptive marketing? Please only post information relevant to @NLamki's original question because marketing tactics are quite pointless. You've been very ranty about companies and products in basically all of your posts.

2 minutes ago, NLamki said:

Honestly, I can afford a 3090 but I'm not going to go all out if there is a cheaper card.

for 4K the 3070/6800 is really the low end of decent performance, a 3080 or 6800XT is recommended.

Primary PC:

Just now, Fasauceome said:

are you suggesting that Nvidia and Intel don't use deceptive marketing? Please only post information relevant to @NLamki's original question because marketing tactics are quite pointless.

marketing is everything. people see the graph and they want the card. simple as that

Just now, Doubble said:

marketing is everything. people see the graph and they want the card. simple as that

on this forum it's our responsibility to advise part choices based on real world performance, not based on the marketing. If you insist on recommending products based on marketing material alone, I highly recommend you stop posting part recommendations immediately.

Primary PC:

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

on this forum it's our responsibility to advise part choices based on real world performance, not based on the marketing. If you insist on recommending products based on marketing material alone, I highly recommend you stop posting part recommendations immediately.

im saying that amd is using deceptive marketing by comparing stock cards to overclocked cards. I'm saying to take the charts with a grain of salt.

Just now, Cvet76 said:

Well, I don't know if you've seen Nvidia's graphs when they first announced their 30 series cards, but boy was that full of empty meaningless bullshit.
My point is everyone is using deceptive marketing. Wait for the reviews and watch more of them before forming an opinion on who's better and what's better bang for buck. This fear mongering over marginal fps differences in select games during a presentation serves no one.

what Nvidia did was shift the graph values around. what amd did was bad testing

2 hours ago, NLamki said:

Should I go for 3070, 3080 or 6800XT ? I'm not talking about rn, I'm still saving, it will probably be next year by Jan or Feb.

Not something to be answered right now. I would look at this around the time you are buying and then create a new post. 

By then we should have a good idea of how these cards perform. And a good idea of what they cost. As MSRP isnt allways accurate in that regard.