I solved the issue. 

If you're interested how,

> go to display settings

> select "make everything bigger"

> choose any value that's greater than 100% 

> restart pc

> go back to default size

This solved my problem.

I attached some pictures. As you can see, all the apps and who knows what else are shown as if they're going to open in picture viewer.  Applications should have that window icon, or their own unique icons, not the pic viewer everywhere.

I've tried:

- clearing Thumbnails (by using Disk Cleanup)

- resetting icon cache and live tile cache

- running sfc /scannow using CMD (it found corrupted files and said they were fixed but it didn't work)

I don't know what else to do. Any help would be appreciated.

8hh.png

s4s4.png

I solved the issue. 

If you're interested how,

> go to display settings

> select "make everything bigger"

> choose any value that's greater than 100% 

> restart pc

> go back to default size

This solved my problem.

@Meiyer: Sometimes it solves, sometimes don't. You can find hundreds of posts on internet about broken uwp icons when search (or just broken at all) with various solutions. Good if this time it fix this problem, but if not... It's not really big problem and only affects icons when you search for uwp apps because 3rd party image viewer associate too many extensions and one of them are used for icons.

So far it's one of these rare problems I decied to not trying to solve after spending too much time on this. Solutions are mostly temporarly until user installs his favorite image viewer (or other program) again. And also related to some system settings. IMO it's that kind of Windows bug that maybe Microsoft fix in 2024.

11 hours ago, homeap5 said:

@Meiyer: Sometimes it solves, sometimes don't. You can find hundreds of posts on internet about broken uwp icons when search (or just broken at all) with various solutions. Good if this time it fix this problem, but if not... It's not really big problem and only affects icons when you search for uwp apps because 3rd party image viewer associate too many extensions and one of them are used for icons.

So far it's one of these rare problems I decied to not trying to solve after spending too much time on this. Solutions are mostly temporarly until user installs his favorite image viewer (or other program) again. And also related to some system settings. IMO it's that kind of Windows bug that maybe Microsoft fix in 2024.

I know, I had been searching google for hours before I decided to post it here. Microsoft should fix  this. Also, if you have a lot of videos/pics in one folder, Windows will generate thumbnails but after some time - for no actual reason - these thumbnails get erased. Since I keep media files on my HDD, it takes ages until it re-generates thumbnail pics. This is just another bug, I think. 

I also had a weird icon for Spotify.

It turns out it was the start menu icon, but it was on the taskbar.

Usually when it's an icon issue on the taskbar just go to start menu that should fix it

please quote me or tag me @wall03 so i can see your response

motherboard buying guide      psu buying guide      pc building guide     privacy guide

ltt meme thread

folding at home stats

pc:

RAM: 16GB DDR4-3200 CL-16

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.6GHz

SSD: 256GB SP

GPU: Radeon RX 570 8GB OC

Cinebench R23 score: 9097 (multi) 1236 (single)

don't some things look better when they are lowercase?

-wall03

hello dark mode users

goodbye light mode users