DT 990 Premium 600 ohm for < $250 anywhere?

anti
Go to solution Solved by anti,

Amazon has it for somewhere around that price

Edit: The new ones are actually like $370. Just get one of the used or Amazon warehouse ones. It's basically the same thing but you save $100

Ya. I've used amazon warehouse deals a few times for a couple different electronic devices, but never headphones before.

I seen a few authorized dealer's have them as open box listings on their site and/or ebay for under $250 with the warranty fully intact. I can always try for a brand new pair on ebay via 'Make Offer' on an authorized dealer's listings as well. Might be able get them for less than the $270-$380 range too.

Ah well. Thanks for the advice/help.

I'm marking this as solved since I don't think there will be any other reported findings of the 600 ohm being cheaper.

Edit: I did manage to find an authorized dealer that pricematched a new DT 990 Premium 600 ohm down to $250. I just had to livechat with a sales representative. Yay! ;D

Is there an e-tailer someone could recommend for trying to find a new pair of DT 990 Premium 600 ohm for under $380? I went through the entire authorized dealers page on Beyerdynamic's site for US/CA and $269 w/ $25 iTunes GC was the cheapest I found outside of $250 @ NCIXUS that's backordered (also not an authorized dealer of Beyerdynamic). Has anyone gotten them for less? If so I may just wait for a temp price drop or sale.

I can always just go with the DT 990 Pro 250 ohm, as I already have the DT 770 Pro 250 ohm (that fit my head perfectly), but would like to get my moneys worth out of my Schiit stack. I know there are very minute differences from lots of reading, but that still won't put my mind at ease. I don't want buyers remorse having known I could have gotten better for just a little more scratch.

I won't be buying these for portable use. They'll be powered by my Schiit Magni+Modi. Coiled vs. straight cable makes no difference to me. Neither does the difference in clamping pressure. What does make the difference to me is that the 600 ohm should be better. The soundstage and imaging are my primary concerns. They aren't worth a ~$340 difference to me though...

why do you want to get 600 ohm? just get the DT 990 pro's 250 ohms. They are open. 

I indeed realize that all DT 990 models are open. My setup would also get along just fine with the Pro 250 ohm editions.

To an extent I should just blame my OCD. I'm definitely stressing out over a very minor issue, but it's driving me nuts. I'll just quote what I have read and are my reasoning I suppose.

See below:

"The 600Ohm model is the definitive version of the DT990 and has the smoothest treble of the DT990 line. It’s also the most detailed treble of all three lines and offers the most extension.... Also the bass is very snappy and fast, far faster sounding than the other DT990 variants.... The soundstage also beats all the DT770 and DT880 models and is pretty wide and deep. The imaging though is just a bit better than the 600Ohm DT880, but not by much." -Zombie X from his guide on the sonic differences between models.

Edit: The new ones are actually like $370. Just get one of the used or Amazon warehouse ones. It's basically the same thing but you save $100

Ya. I've used amazon warehouse deals a few times for a couple different electronic devices, but never headphones before.

I seen a few authorized dealer's have them as open box listings on their site and/or ebay for under $250 with the warranty fully intact. I can always try for a brand new pair on ebay via 'Make Offer' on an authorized dealer's listings as well. Might be able get them for less than the $270-$380 range too.

I'm marking this as solved since I don't think there will be any other reported findings of the 600 ohm being cheaper.

Edit: I did manage to find an authorized dealer that pricematched a new DT 990 Premium 600 ohm down to $250. I just had to livechat with a sales representative. Yay! ;D

It was on Massdrop up until like 2 days ago so you're slightly late on that xD