Speech Topics?

Aleks

I'm basically asking you guys to shoot me your best topics that come to mind. Thanks!

how controversial do you want to be if at all? 

I talked about the NSA and how it spies on you, now everyone thinks I am a tin foil hat

Muh rig: i7 4770k, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, MSI Z87 G45, Kingston Hyper X Blu 8GB, Samsung 840 EVO 120 + WD Blue 1 TB, Asus GTX 770 2GB, Corsair 200r + 2x Corsair AF 120 Blue + 1x Stock corsair fan, Corsair TX650, LG 27EA33V IPS, Steelseries Sensei Raw + QCK mini, CM Quickfire Ultimate Blue.

how controversial do you want to be if at all? 

Honestly, I rather it be pretty light and not to serious. I just want to get it done...Not the biggest deal how much it actually means to me.

Human behavior and social norms. 
Or body language. I've had an entire room just freeze when i've talked about that.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Talk about how life is going to be an event of a lifetime and how it doesn't account for someone on the other side of the planet and turns out that they made something in their life effect your own.

Thoughts on abortion. Sex on first date. The weather. NSA. I just realised I don't know what country you're in... That makes it hard. Well, Russia seems to be a popular topic worldwide

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

The psychological impact of media on our everyday lives. 

Society norms, and how they've came to be, pros and cons.

Why tech is beneficial and how research is necessary(mention Elon Musk he's a magnificent bastard).

WmgrND3.gif

Do some research on interesting topics and discuss them.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

whats the time limit/requirement for the speech?

Human behavior and social norms. 

Or body language. I've had an entire room just freeze when i've talked about that.

Dam you got to social norms before me... 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Ubiquitous computing.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

Dam you got to social norms before me... 

Ha.Ha! 

Nah but seriously. Great minds think alike. ;)   

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I guess I forgot to mention, I am choosing to do a "This I believe" speech. I was thinking of talking about how I believe technology will make the world a better place rather than a worse place like a lot of people are told to believe. How social media connects us rather than seperates us from the rest of the world. But I am not too sure yet. I dont really like writing about stuff I truly believe in because I don't like to take these things too seriously. I don't know why.

I dare you to talk about how useless this post is and that you went online to make a forum to get ideas to talk about because of your lack of creativity.

I dare you to talk about how useless this post is and that you went online to make a forum to get ideas to talk about because of your lack of creativity.

I appreciate your contribution to the thread.

I guess I forgot to mention, I am choosing to do a "This I believe" speech. I was thinking of talking about how I believe technology will make the world a better place rather than a worse place like a lot of people are told to believe. How social media connects us rather than seperates us from the rest of the world. But I am not too sure yet. I dont really like writing about stuff I truly believe in because I don't like to take these things too seriously. I don't know why.

Would've been nice to know  ^_^

Now... A "This i believe" speech... hmm

I believe in a thing called love~

Just listen to the rhythm of my heart~

There's a chance we could make it now~

We'll be rocking 'til the sun goes down~

I believe in a thing called love~~

Ooh!~

You can talk about how social media helps in brainstorming and bringing new ideas to the table because theirs more people discussing the same topic. Tech is given on how its improved society, so I feel like most students hearing that would just be like "of course it has". 

:LGA775

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

Would've been nice to know  ^_^

Now... A "This i believe" speech... hmm

I believe in a thing called love~Just listen to the rhythm of my heart~There's a chance we could make it now~We'll be rocking 'til the sun goes down~I believe in a thing called love~~Ooh!~

The only thing that came to mind was 'Love Shack'...

I have to see a picture of your rig......

... Damn it.. Well i guess that song will now have a permanent place in my playlist. (The b52's - Love Shack)

Now that i see that you haven't abandoned this thread after my "I believe in a thing called love" outburst.

This social media thing and tech speech you were thinking about. 

Is that the only topic or do you have other topics considered? 

If it's your only topic it'd help a bit if you could narrow it down slightly. Any specific points about social media or tech that you'd like to focus on?

My Rig

This is a photo of my rig about 4 weeks ago. I changed the motherboard about 2 weeks ago and got the Saitek Mouse and Keyboard in the mail about 4 days ago.