Upgrading from Z77 > Z87, should I reinstall Windows?

I am upgrading to Z87 this week, is it recommended that that reinstall windows 8? I did some research and I know it will boot with the exception of all the I/O , chipset drivers having to be reinstalled. What i'm worried about are me experiencing any kind of issues or problems after making the switch.

If you guys want to check it out here's the build log that I posted a few weeks ago -

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/112144-build-refresh-nzxt-h440-project-blackfyre/

P.S. - I'm well aware there's minimal perfomance increase from 3770k -> 4770k, I got a great deal from a friend of mine and got a good turn around from the parts I flipped.

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

It's better to reinstall Windows after the switch rather than experiencing problems in the future.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 8GB 1866 Video Card: MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G SSDSamsung 840 Evo 250GB HDD: WD 1TB + 500GB Caviar Blue
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 Case: Gigabyte GZ-G1 Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown MousePad: Corsair MM200
Steam/Origin/Uplay: renz62

I had no issues upgrading from z77 to z87 on windows 7. Probably best to try without then if you experience issues just to a clean install

I don't understand the need to upgrade from a 3770k, but if you feel the need to do so then by all means go right ahead. If it was me, I'd wait for Broadwell, but I'm not going to tell you how to live your life :P

Also, if it was me, just to be safe I would re-install windows.

//ccap

To reinforce the same answer, I would suggest a fresh install.

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

I don't understand the need to upgrade from a 3770k, but if you feel the need to do so then by all means go right ahead. If it was me, I'd wait for Broadwell, but I'm not going to tell you how to live your life :P

Also, if it was me, just to be safe I would re-install windows.

Yea I got a great deal from a buddy who works in retail, trust me man i am well aware there is little to no performance increase from Ivy. And I think I'll just reinstall my biggest issue is having to download everything again. xD

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

Yea I got a great deal from a buddy who works in retail, trust me man i am well aware there is little to no performance increase from Ivy. And I think I'll just reinstall my biggest issue is having to download everything again. xD

Download? You mean you have the OEM ready on a bootable flash drive? (lol)

//ccap

Download? You mean you have the OEM ready on a bootable flash drive? (lol)

Yea haha

What do you need to re-download ? There is no need of formating the drive.

Well if im doing clean install wouldnt all my games etc be gone?

Whats the good side of getting a z87 ?

Not much tbh, im just refreshing my build is all. Check out my build log. :)

id re install its best to reinstall windows as much as u can to get rid of the junk.

Not much tbh, im just refreshing my build is all. Check out my build log. :)

i got the same z77 as you lol i love it 

So to recap: Reinstall is recomended, but not mandatory.

Done.

Intel 4770k@4.6GHz, ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero, Kingston HyperX Beast 2x8GB 2400MHz CL11, Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming, Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB - RAID0 (2x120Gb), 2xWD 1TB (Blue and Green), Corsair H100i, Corsair AX860, CoolerMaster HAF X, ASUS STRIX Tactic pro, Logitech G400S, HyperX Cloud II, Logitech X530, Acer Predator X34.

Windows 8 will recognise your new hardware and configure properly for it without any performance degradation. If it's permanent, launch device manager - show hidden devices and unninstall the drivers you won't need anymore.

Win 7 doesn't work this beatifully at all.

FX8320 4.2Ghz@1.280v& 4.5 Ghz Turbo@1.312v Thermalright HR-02/w TY-147 140MM+Arctic Cooling 120MMVRM cooled by AMD Stock Cooler Fan 70MM 0-7200 RPM PWM controlled via SpeedfanGigabyte GA990XA-UD3Gigabyte HD 7970 SOC@R9 280X120GiBee Kingston HyperX 3K2TB Toshiba DT01ACA2001TB WD GreenZalman Z11+Enermax 140MM TB Apollish RED+2X Deepcool 120MM and stock fans running @5VSingle Channel Patriot 8GB (1333MHZ)+Dual Channel 4GB&2GB Kingston NANO Gaming(1600MHZ CL9)=14GB 1,600 Jigahurtz 10-10-9-29 CR1@1.28VSirtec High Power 500WASUS Xonar DG, Logitech F510Sony MDR-XD200Edifier X220 + Edifier 3200A4Tech XL-747H 3600dpiA4Tech X7-200MPdecent membrane keyboardPhilips 236V3LSB 23" 1080p@71Hz .

Sorry for my English....