Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

RX 5700xt junction temps

5700xt Junction temperatures? Just wondering what’s considered normal internet gives mixed views benchmarking heaven Will sit at about 74 degrees with a junction temp of 101 obviously this is more than a game will probably pull however just wondering if these temps are in the normal range? 

Hovers around 67-68 in apex with junction temp at around 90-95. Just unsure on the nearly 20 degrees gap difference in heaven and what’s considered normal?

Junction temp will naturally be higher than the core temp.  At stock mine was sitting at 93c, too hot for my taste as it causes the fans to ramp up significantly.  I find the best way to deal with junction temp is to undervolt it.  My sapphire pulse 5700xt undervolts beautifully while being able to overclock really well (amd default profile pumps way too much juice in it).  

I got my card to 1.999ghz, 1071mv, 1800 mhz ram and a core temp of 73c, junction temp of 86c.   Fans never spin faster than 1600rpm under heaviest of loads.   

I refuse to read threads whose author does not know how to remove the caps lock! 

— Grumpy old man

8 minutes ago, miagisan said:

Junction temp will naturally be higher than the core temp.  At stock mine was sitting at 93c, too hot for my taste as it causes the fans to ramp up significantly.  I find the best way to deal with junction temp is to undervolt it.  My sapphire pulse 5700xt undervolts beautifully while being able to overclock really well (amd default profile pumps way too much juice in it).  

I got my card to 1.999ghz, 1071mv, 1800 mhz ram and a core temp of 73c, junction temp of 86c.   Fans never spin faster than 1600rpm under heaviest of loads.   

What performance gains do you get in games doing this at 4k?  I have the very same card.  When picking it out it said it was one of the better ones for all things RX 5700 XT and so I haven't mess with any settings with the card.  I guess I might want to take a look at things.

Just now, idontlikephysx said:

What performance gains do you get in games doing this at 4k?  I have the very same card.  When picking it out it said it was one of the better ones for all things RX 5700 XT and so I haven't mess with any settings with the card.  I guess I might want to take a look at things.

I don't game at 4k, using 1440p.   But, my benchmarks went up quite a bit as it can sustain boost much much longer.   I made a spreadsheet for my scores.  If interested I can find them for ya, have them saved somewhere in an excel file on my pc along with all temps and frequencies. 

I refuse to read threads whose author does not know how to remove the caps lock! 

— Grumpy old man

1 minute ago, miagisan said:

I don't game at 4k, using 1440p.   But, my benchmarks went up quite a bit as it can sustain boost much much longer.   I made a spreadsheet for my scores.  If interested I can find them for ya, have them saved somewhere in an excel file on my pc along with all temps and frequencies. 

Definitely would be interested to read all the information you have.  Take your time getting the info. though.  No rush.  Also in regards to 1440p well this card definitely best suits that but I can't resist 4k and is why I am having regrets buying the card but the thing is I knew I would not be able to afford the cards coming out from AMD and Nvidia in the future.  I bought the RX 5700 XT for like $675 CAN inc. tax less than 6 months ago and could have returned it but why when I could get nothing else.  Also had wanted to support AMD but now looking at the situation I was a fool for thinking then that they would not be just like Nvidia when they got something good for 4k.

40 minutes ago, idontlikephysx said:

Definitely would be interested to read all the information you have.  Take your time getting the info. though.  No rush.  Also in regards to 1440p well this card definitely best suits that but I can't resist 4k and is why I am having regrets buying the card but the thing is I knew I would not be able to afford the cards coming out from AMD and Nvidia in the future.  I bought the RX 5700 XT for like $675 CAN inc. tax less than 6 months ago and could have returned it but why when I could get nothing else.  Also had wanted to support AMD but now looking at the situation I was a fool for thinking then that they would not be just like Nvidia when they got something good for 4k.

Here it is, nothing scientific, but hope it helps. Was testing against Superposition 1080p extreme (might have left hdr on during testing, which would lower it a bit, but you get an idea).

superposition.pdf

— Grumpy old man