High-End PC for Gaming and 3D-Work

Shirou_

Hello everyone, I wanted to ask for some assistance with my new PC build, as I am allowed to get myself a high-end one as a special gift this year, this will be my third PC and my first  high-end build , which is why I want to prevent incompatibility between components or making wrong choices

So here are the details, if something is missing, let me know please.

Location and Budget : Germany, 6500 - 8000€ (including a monitor)

This PC is planned to be used for gaming and primarily 3d-Work including sculpting, modeling, 4k animation and scene rendering in Blender, Cinema 4D and Unreal Engine.

A new monitor will be necessary, 144hz 4k, working along with 2 other pre-owned monitors. I plan to get my PC by the first week of December, as far as that is possible. 

I am upgrading from a basic prebuilt gaming PC, reasons being lacking performance and my education and career choices. 

I realize that I should be providing the specs of my current PC, however, some parts can no longer be detected. I will try my best to take everything apart and follow up on any comments once I know the components.

All help is appreciated :)

Welcome to the forums!

The first thing you should know is there is a new generation of Ryzen CPUs launching this November 5. These CPUs are compatible with current motherboards and will bring higher performance than current gen offerings. You probably want to grab the 12 core flagship Ryzen 9 5950X.

There is also the issue where the highest end cards from Nvidia are extremely hard to get right now, and AMD's upcoming GPUs (coming November 18) look to be quite competitive, so I'd also wait for both those to be available before making a choice.

For now we can throw together a buid that's everything but the CPU and GPU.

As far as 4K 144Hz monitors go, there are only models from ASUS. There's a 27", a 43" and a 65". I chose the 27" because it's the one with a reasonable size for multi monitor.

You also have the alternative of using Threadripper, AMD's HEDT platform with space for a LOT more memory, but with lower gaming performance. Whether you'd benefit depends on your workload, since you're trying to drive 144fps 4K I'd grab the Ryzen solution instead. 12 cores is plenty.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

25 minutes ago, Energycore said:

Welcome to the forums!

The first thing you should know is there is a new generation of Ryzen CPUs launching this November 5. These CPUs are compatible with current motherboards and will bring higher performance than current gen offerings. You probably want to grab the 12 core flagship Ryzen 9 5950X.

There is also the issue where the highest end cards from Nvidia are extremely hard to get right now, and AMD's upcoming GPUs (coming November 18) look to be quite competitive, so I'd also wait for both those to be available before making a choice.

For now we can throw together a buid that's everything but the CPU and GPU.

As far as 4K 144Hz monitors go, there are only models from ASUS. There's a 27", a 43" and a 65". I chose the 27" because it's the one with a reasonable size for multi monitor.

You also have the alternative of using Threadripper, AMD's HEDT platform with space for a LOT more memory, but with lower gaming performance. Whether you'd benefit depends on your workload, since you're trying to drive 144fps 4K I'd grab the Ryzen solution instead. 12 cores is plenty.

Thank you very much ! 

Do any of the upcoming/new GPUs like something I'd want to use in my build ? (Setting the AMD ones aside just for now)

Is RGB lighting of interest? 

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

18 minutes ago, brob said:

Is RGB lighting of interest? 

Not all that much. If anything just to illuminate the inside of the case, as I like to be able to see what's going on inside.