Spiderman ps4

Fzone

Is that flickering on the container normal. As i move towards it stops. Ik im little bit annoying but when it comes to consoles i cant help myself as im rly paranoid about that stuff

Are you referring to the top surface of the brown container that you are aiming for with the horizontal lines of that container? That seems normal as its just trying to render at such a steep angle from your point of view as a shipping container has those ridges in them for strength. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

1 minute ago, CommanderAlex said:

Are you referring to the top surface of the brown container that you are aiming for with the horizontal lines of that container? That seems normal as its just trying to render at such a steep angle from your point of view as a shipping container has those ridges in them for strength. 

Ye i am but it happens on some of buildings too but also closing in on them makes it dissapear

Just now, Fzone said:

Ye i am but it happens on some of buildings too but also closing in on them makes it dissapear

Then it's just the maximum rendering distance of the game where textures pop in as you move closer to them. Pretty sure you can't really do anything about that due to the nature of the game being written for a console. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

54 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

Then it's just the maximum rendering distance of the game where textures pop in as you move closer to them. Pretty sure you can't really do anything about that due to the nature of the game being written for a console. 

Sry didnt rly catch u on that one thought texture pop in is when texture just jumps in out of nowhere not like that on the vid and the building. Can u explain a bit detailed pls. Would appreciate that

33 minutes ago, Fzone said:

Sry didnt rly catch u on that one thought texture pop in is when texture just jumps in out of nowhere not like that on the vid and the building. Can u explain a bit detailed pls. Would appreciate that

So, from the point of view of Spider-Man on that shipping container, picture you being in that position. Now, if you were to take a cross-sectional view of the shipping container's surface,  the surface will go like go angle up, then remain flat, then go down, sort of like

O                                             \_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/                                /_\

^                                                           ^                                              ^ 

YOU                                     SHIPPING CONTAINER                A LIGHT SOME                                                                                                                                  DISTANCE AWAY

but flip this shipping container's surface 180 degrees so the flat surface on the bottom is at the top. 

Now, the light some distance away is shining and creating a shadow inside the ridges that from "YOU" position, you can see.  The " * " representing shadows insides the ridges as light does not pass through the ridge's edges. 

*  *  *   *   *   *  * 

O                                             \_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/                                              /_\

^                                                           ^                                                           ^ 

YOU                                      SHIPPING CONTAINER                                  A LIGHT                                                                                                                                       SOME DISTANCE                                                                                                                                             AWAY

Due to the angle you are seeing the surface of the container, some of the shadows will not show due to the ridges blocking the as the ridges closer to you are blocking them. So the ridges that appear closer to you will have a shadow that will increase in darkness in those ridges. I'm not sure if my explanation helped you or not. 

11 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

So, from the point of view of Spider-Man on that shipping container, picture you being in that position. Now, if you were to take a cross-sectional view of the shipping container's surface,  the surface will go like go angle up, then remain flat, then go down, sort of like

O                                             \_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/                                /_\

^                                                           ^                                              ^ 

YOU                                     SHIPPING CONTAINER                A LIGHT SOME                                                                                                                                  DISTANCE AWAY

but flip this shipping container's surface 180 degrees so the flat surface on the bottom is at the top. 

Now, the light some distance away is shining and creating a shadow inside the ridges that from "YOU" position, you can see.  The " * " representing shadows insides the ridges as light does not pass through the ridge's edges. 

*  *  *   *   *   *  * 

O                                             \_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/                                              /_\

^                                                           ^                                                           ^ 

YOU                                      SHIPPING CONTAINER                                  A LIGHT                                                                                                                                       SOME DISTANCE                                                                                                                                             AWAY

Due to the angle you are seeing the surface of the container, some of the shadows will not show due to the ridges blocking the as the ridges closer to you are blocking them. So the ridges that appear closer to you will have a shadow that will increase in darkness in those ridges. I'm not sure if my explanation helped you or not. 

Building same thing?

3 minutes ago, Fzone said:

Building same thing?

Do you have a clip I can see just to rule that out? 

6 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

Do you have a clip I can see just to rule that out? 

Nope turned of my console now going to sleep. But its literqlly the same with like container. In distance texture will move like that out but when going in it places itself across the whole building and building looks normal.

5 minutes ago, Fzone said:

Nope turned of my console now going to sleep. But its literqlly the same with like container. In distance texture will move like that out but when going in it places itself across the whole building and building looks normal.

I think its due to the fact that the details in the graphics past the maximum rendering distance will appear to be less detailed due in part to the graphical power of the PS4 and not being powerful enough to render at long distances. 

1 minute ago, CommanderAlex said:

I think its due to the fact that the details in the graphics past the maximum rendering distance will appear to be less detailed due in part to the graphical power of the PS4 and not being powerful enough to render at long distances. 

So that little flickering or whatever happens. Not sure if its flickering since i saw some yt vids in flickering and its mucj worse like literally trees popping in and out all the time. So we can say that is normal for ps4 what i posted on vid?

1 minute ago, Fzone said:

So that little flickering or whatever happens. Not sure if its flickering since i saw some yt vids in flickering and its mucj worse like literally trees popping in and out all the time. So we can say that is normal for ps4 what i posted on vid?

It must be either normal or hopefully a bug that has to be addressed by the game developers to work out the code that is rendering improper textures outside of the rendering distance. 

Honestly looks like the game's AA solution struggling to anti-alias that surface. No real shock there, it's hard to anti-alias surfaces like that using post-process methods like what Spider-Man does.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

13 hours ago, CommanderAlex said:

It must be either normal or hopefully a bug that has to be addressed by the game developers to work out the code that is rendering improper textures outside of the rendering distance. 

I might record a bit of free roam on the day with ps4share and post it on brother yt channel so you can deduce if there is anything wrong or all fine

4 hours ago, Fzone said:

I personally do not see anything wrong in the video. It seems like it is working as intended.