Win10 x64 Enterprise drivers

Goldenthor

Hi! I bought a Lenovo G34w-10 for my work computer but i can only get 100hz with the installed drivers. Lenovo doesn't have any drivers for the Enterprise version and Microsoft wont help since it's a corporate pc and my IT division wont help because its a personal monitor...

I need a generic windows driver that supports 144hz for my monitor. Can anyone help out with maybe a link or something?

Its for windows 10 x64 Enterprise.

I'm using the enterprise version too and I'm running at 240 Hz right now!

are you sure your gpu can handle 1440p at more then 100 Hz?

did you connect it via display port with a good quality cable because you need that for high refresh rate and also you have to tweak the setting in Nvidia Control panel or Radeon adrenaline to be set at advertised speed

drivers don't care which edition of windows your using.

and if you don't mind me asking

what kind of cool job needs a 34inch curved high refresh rate 1440 freesync ultrawide monitor?🤣

This is nothing to do with the driver. Its either because your GPU cannot handle the refresh rate (unlikely) or the way you have the monitor connected to the GPU.

What is the GPU? Are you using HDMI or DP? How old is cable you're using?

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

51 minutes ago, Alireza said:

and if you don't mind me asking

what kind of cool job needs a 34inch curved high refresh rate 1440 freesync ultrawide monitor?🤣

I work at Scania as a parts handler, do i need that kind of monitor? Yes i do 😅

49 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

This is nothing to do with the driver. Its either because your GPU cannot handle the refresh rate (unlikely) or the way you have the monitor connected to the GPU.

What is the GPU? Are you using HDMI or DP? How old is cable you're using?

Im using the DP cable that came with the monitor so brand new. Both Lenovo and Microsoft said that this was a driver issue. The pc is a HP elitebook or something, its kinda new like 6 months old. Gpu is a intel 640 somethi g i think.

8 minutes ago, Goldenthor said:

Im using the DP cable that came with the monitor so brand new. Both Lenovo and Microsoft said that this was a driver issue. The pc is a HP elitebook or something, its kinda new like 6 months old. Gpu is a intel 640 somethi g i think.

well intel doesn't support this refresh rate at this resolution

also which intel hd laptop has a DP input?

4 minutes ago, Alireza said:

well intel doesn't support this refresh rate at this resolution

also which intel hd laptop has a DP input?

Ok maybe thats the problem then. The dock has 2 DP ports 😑

1 hour ago, Alireza said:

I'm using the enterprise version too and I'm running at 240 Hz right now!

are you sure your gpu can handle 1440p at more then 100 Hz?

did you connect it via display port with a good quality cable because you need that for high refresh rate and also you have to tweak the setting in Nvidia Control panel or Radeon adrenaline to be set at advertised speed

drivers don't care which edition of windows your using.

Well the driver for this monitor didnt want to install and Lenovo support said it was because Enterprise wasent supported. I thought it was weird also. Maybe the intel gpu just doesn't support over 100hz then 

I did some googling and this monitor seems to have this issue pretty frequently (I found one on Win 7 with a 1080ti and at least 3 mores on Windows 10). One solution said to make sure that you've got DP1.4 selected in the monitors GUI but others say this still doesn't work for them and causes the display to start flickering.

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

4 minutes ago, Goldenthor said:

Ok maybe thats the problem then. The dock has 2 DP ports 😑

Yeah, Intel iGPUs only support HDMI 1.4. The dock must be converting the HDMI to DP but its still bandwidth restricted to HDMI 1.4 speeds.

1 minute ago, Master Disaster said:

Yeah, Intel iGPUs only support HDMI 1.4. The dock must be converting the HDMI to DP but its still bandwidth restricted to HDMI 1.4 speeds.

Ah ok, thank you so much for the help. Maybe ill just settle for the 100hz or possibly i can installan external cheap gpu?

3 minutes ago, Goldenthor said:

Well the driver for this monitor didnt want to install and Lenovo support said it was because Enterprise wasent supported. I thought it was weird also. Maybe the intel gpu just doesn't support over 100hz then 

Honestly, monitor drivers are pointless. These days all the communication between the monitor and GPU is done through the cable using EDID.

5 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Honestly, monitor drivers are pointless. These days all the communication between the monitor and GPU is done through the cable using EDID.

Aha, i'm abit out if the loop with PCs. I used to be part of "pc master race" but when my old setup broke down a few years ago i just stuck to my ps4. Starting to get the itch back now though, despite of this issue 😁