BIOS Settings Not Saving

System Specs:

Ryzen 7 2700 

16 GB Cosair (2x8GB) 3600MHz DDR4

RX 560 4GB

Biostar B450GT3 (Latest BIOS Update)

My RAM capped at 2133MHz and I read online to turn on XMP1 and get my RAM to 3600MHz DDR4. After saving and rebooting, the system rebooted 3 times, giving me CMOS Fail error message on boot. I bought a new CMOS battery, to no avail, reset CMOS Data with the jumpers but was unable to fix the issue. It's not only the RAM settings, not saving, it's any settings I change. Thanks for your help in advance. 

it's because the ram overrclock is unstable.

the 2000 series ryzen has difficulty running ram at more than 2933.

my advice: make sure ram is in slots 2 and 4, enable xmp but then manually lower the ram frequency to 2933. if that boots and it's stable, maybe you can try changing that again to 3200 and see if that works. 3600 is almost impossible to get working. you can also try increasing SOC voltage to 1.1 or 1.15 to help with stability.

2 hours ago, boggy77 said:

it's because the ram overrclock is unstable.

the 2000 series ryzen has difficulty running ram at more than 2933.

my advice: make sure ram is in slots 2 and 4, enable xmp but then manually lower the ram frequency to 2933. if that boots and it's stable, maybe you can try changing that again to 3200 and see if that works. 3600 is almost impossible to get working. you can also try increasing SOC voltage to 1.1 or 1.15 to help with stability.

Did XMP1, slots 2 and 4 with 3333MHz and it worked! Thanks alot of your help. I didn't know that 3600 wouldn't work. Thanks again!