Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Budget (including currency): 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Newest games at High settings, used mostly for gaming / college work

Other details Currently have a GTX 960, 16gb RAM, I5 6500, cooler master case

If you've any recommendations, would this build be able to run at 144hz with some games, would a 144hz monitor be a upgrade to buy also or useless? Waiting for the launch of AMD's new GPU and CPU's also not buying until closer to Christmas time. buying instead of buying PS5, don't know why RTX 2060 super is coming up at 750 dollars as is 350 pounds on amazon... anyways

spacer.png

21 minutes ago, Varney0 said:

You can change the pcpartpicker country in the top right, and you can also share the permalink instead of a screenshot, like this

I made some adjustments. A520 will accept 5000 series Ryzen processors at launch with an appropriate BIOS (which it is very likely to have) and I do suggest waiting for 5000 series Ryzen. Went with a more economical PSU and also ram. AMD is announcing new graphics cards today, let's see what those bring to the table. The 2060 is due to be replaced in a couple months time by Nvidia as well.

Edited by Fasauceome

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Kill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer branwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - Dark moded Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

How many watts do I need? Seasonic Focus threadUserbenchmark (Et al.) is trash explained, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

6 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

SNIP

Cool thanks, I have the case and ram sticks already, got them off a mate, ill have a look at the announcement andcheck back here

2 minutes ago, Varney0 said:

Cool thanks, I have the case and ram sticks already, got them off a mate, ill have a look at the announcement andcheck back here

starts in half an hour so I'll be watching too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gx-88voYK78

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Kill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer branwashed me.

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - Dark moded Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

How many watts do I need? Seasonic Focus threadUserbenchmark (Et al.) is trash explained, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

22 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

You can change the pcpartpicker country in the top right, and you can also share the permalink instead of a screenshot, like this

I made some adjustments. A520 will accept 5000 series Ryzen processors at launch with an appropriate BIOS (which it is very likely to have) and I do suggest waiting for 5000 series Ryzen. Went with a more economical PSU and also ram. AMD is announcing new graphics cards today, let's see what those bring to the table. The 2060 is due to be replaced in a couple months time by Nvidia as well.

You can't overclock on a a520 motherboard though can you? Also I though only b450 and x570 motherboards were going to have support for 5000 series ryzen or did that change?

Edit: I double checked and a520 does have support for 5000 series and no you can't overclock.

Just now, kucharczykt said:

You can't overclock on a a520 motherboard though can you? Also I though only b450 and x570 motherboards were going to have support for 5000 series ryzen or did that change?

would be a little crazy if A520 was only able to support a single CPU generation, AIBs have already announced support for 5000 series on A520. Here's AMD's site:

image.thumb.png.9be73d8ce88b7969353364df84596d99.png

you can't overclock the CPU but you can overclock the memory so for a budget gaming system it's a much better alternative than A320 used to be, not to mention the options with proper VRM heat sinks.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/4mjNnQ/asrock-b550-phantom-gaming-4-atx-am4-motherboard-b550-phantom-gaming-4

an adequate option if CPU overclocking is a priority

Primary PC:

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

I've been looking at the RX 5700 XT paired with the ryzen 5 3600, would that be a good shout? as the new GPU's AMD announced look great but a bit out of budget, is R 5 3600 strong enough paired with the RX 5700 XT?