ASUS Monitor Crosshair won't stay centered

Harpo

I recently purchased an ASUS VG32VQ monitor specifically for the built-in crosshair feature.  Unfortunately, the crosshair will not stay centered and migrates 5-10 pixels in a random direction while in-game (Rust).  

I was formerly using a stick-on crosshair and it was always dead on, so I am certain this is not a game issue.  I have also verified this by applying a sticker to this monitor, and indeed the dot generated by the ASUS monitor does not stay aligned with the sticker.

The dot is positioned with a joystick on the rear of the monitor, and there is absolutely no software involved or even available that could affect it.  It is a hardware feature, integral to the monitor alone.

ASUS support is useless, they keep asking for screen shots and videos.  They don't seem to realize that the dot doesn't even appear in screenshots...

Any ideas?

11 minutes ago, Harpo said:

I recently purchased an ASUS VG32VQ monitor specifically for the built-in crosshair feature.  Unfortunately, the crosshair will not stay centered and migrates 5-10 pixels in a random direction while in-game (Rust).  

I was formerly using a stick-on crosshair and it was always dead on, so I am certain this is not a game issue.  I have also verified this by applying a sticker to this monitor, and indeed the dot generated by the ASUS monitor does not stay aligned with the sticker.

The dot is positioned with a joystick on the rear of the monitor, and there is absolutely no software involved or even available that could affect it.  It is a hardware feature, integral to the monitor alone.

ASUS support is useless, they keep asking for screen shots and videos.  They don't seem to realize that the dot doesn't even appear in screenshots...

Any ideas?

Get good don't use one. 

3 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

Get good don't use one. 

Spoken like a true toxic Rust player.  I play PvE, Rust has a lot more to offer than just spoiled 12 year-olds screaming obscenities.  

Grow up, get smart.

13 minutes ago, Harpo said:

Spoken like a true toxic Rust player.  I play PvE, Rust has a lot more to offer than just spoiled 12 year-olds screaming obscenities.  

Grow up, get smart.

Never played the game.

If the game was designed to have cross hairs it would, but it wasn't so it doesn't.  

Funny you play pve because you get rekted by 12yr olds screaming obscenities though. Which in its self says, "get good".

How bad do you have to be to cheat in pve...?

Lulz 

////////

Not sure if we are allowed to discuss this types of cheats or not. But are you using free sync and/or overdrive?

ASUS seems to have absurd problems centering monitor crosshairs. My VG248QE also has problem with crosshair being off center. Not to mention built in crosshairs are gigantic and basically suck.

These days I just use ReShade with Layers shader and my custom made crosshair. Absolutely perfectly centered and also just big enough that it is well visible and I designed it in such a way that existing crosshairs actually complement it.

33 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

ASUS seems to have absurd problems centering monitor crosshairs. My VG248QE also has problem with crosshair being off center. Not to mention built in crosshairs are gigantic and basically suck.

These days I just use ReShade with Layers shader and my custom made crosshair. Absolutely perfectly centered and also just big enough that it is well visible and I designed it in such a way that existing crosshairs actually complement it.

I appreciate the reply from an adult, I was fully expecting at least some from head-banging basement dwellers lol.

I've considered using software, but I'm pretty sure the anti-cheat would tag anything that hooks the program.  It does seem like ASUS has a real problem with the dot staying in one place, I may just go ahead and get the Samsung G9.  The ASUS does have the advantage of offering a very small dot (only about 5 pixels), but when it migrates it's not really useful.    

On the topic of "cheating" (for the twelve year olds), it's darn hard to cheat when you're only fighting the occasional npc.  Rust dev's have added a LOT of pve oriented content to the game: electricity, modular cars, elevators, farming, and many other features that will never be experienced by those who seldom advance above banging the rocks together.  These are quite complex and very entertaining elements of the game, it's too bad more haven't noticed this.

And further, a hardware crosshair doesn't qualify as "cheating", this is common knowledge.  I'm guessing most who call it cheating are the ones who think they're so smart no one knows THEY are using it!    

ReShade has a protection where if it detects high network activity, it disables depth buffer access (which is what you need to negate smoke grenades or see through walls). In general it shouldn't be a problem. Also crosshairs are not exactly cheats. Before ReShade, when I was in competitive clan gaming, we just painted dots with marker straight on monitor. Or used tiny sticker. Undetectable :D