First Time Build: Streaming/Editing Computer

Budget (including currency): $2000 (but I don't mind going a tad over)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, OBS, Skype 

Other details To be frank with you all, I know nothing about PCs. I've spent nearly a decade on Macbook Pros but never considered investing in a PC until I started using more heavy duty applications. I'm starting from scratch. I need a PC plus a monitor and I don't know where to start. I really just need to be able to have multiple programs open at once (ie. OBS and Skype) and not encounter difficulties with streaming like encoding overloads. I also need a lot of space. I plan to edit rather high quality video and possibly 4k in the future.

I think I've settled on a CPU (AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 3.9 GHz 8-Core Processor) but that's about it. I definitely want to have some kind of color aesthetic and I'm looking for purple/pink. 

Someone of reddit created a build for me but I don't know if it's any good (and it's a little too expensive for me).

Type Item Price
CPU AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 3.9 GHz 8-Core Processor $339.99 @ Amazon
Motherboard MSI B550-A PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard $139.99 @ B&H
Memory Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory $149.99 @ Amazon
Storage Crucial P1 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive $94.50 @ Newegg
Video Card NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10 GB Founders Edition Video Card $850.00
Case Fractal Design Meshify S2 ATX Mid Tower Case $161.99 @ B&H
Power Supply Corsair RM (2019) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply $154.99 @ Corsair
Monitor BenQ PD2700U 27.0" 3840x2160 60 Hz Monitor $499.00 @ Adorama
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total $2390.45

Really, any help would be fantastic. Thank you guys in advance ❤️

That looks really good.  Maybe more watts on the PSU..

I think lowering the GPU a bit to maybe a 3070 or one of the new ~$500 AMD cards and upping the CPU will help you a bunch. Maybe go for one of AMD's new CPUs releasing next week like the 5900x etc.

Also, that monitor is a bit overpriced. I would look for a cheaper 4k monitor than that one.

The more I learn, the more I realise I don't actually know anything. 

Recommendations: Lian Li 205m (sleek, pretty decent airflow for a non-mesh front panel and cheap), i5-10400f (Ryzen 5 3600 performance, 20% cheaper), Arctic P14 PWM fans, Logitech g305.

a guideline for what i'd look for in a build:

overbudget but if you look for good deals over black friday you can easily get these or similar components under 2000 bucks. buying used would make this really easy, ive gotten a similar setup right now for maybe 1500 bucks total, and most of it was just open box stuff that i found secondhand. you'll be hard pressed to get any ampere card but you want nvidia for adobe applications because those take advantage of cuda acceleration which is huge. i suggest you learn all about the necessary components so that you can make informed decisions on what parts to invest in and what can be downgraded without impacting performance in your relevant workloads.

topics i need help on:

Spoiler

my "oops i bought intel right before zen 3 releases" build

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 (placeholder)

GPU: Gigabyte 980ti Xtreme (also placeholder), deshroud w/ generic 1200rpm 120mm fans x2, stock bios 130% power, no voltage offset: +70 core +400 mem 

Memory: 2x16gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3600C16, 14-15-30-288@1.45v

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S w/ white chromax bling
OS Drive: Samsung PM981 1tb (OEM 970 Evo)

Storage Drive: XPG SX8200 Pro 2tb

Backup Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 4TB

PSU: Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 750W w/ black/white Cablemod extensions
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Dark (to be replaced with a good case shortly)

basically everything was bought used off of reddit or here, only new component was the case. absolutely nutty deals for some of these parts, ill have to tally it all up once it's "done" :D