EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING or Asus TUF GeForce RTX 3080 OC

rednano

After waiting a month for a card, you know what? i don't mind the price difference between both.

Where I live, the EVGA one costs 80 bucks more, but now that the wait is almost over, I don't want to go cheap, I want whatever is going to give me the best performance and last longer.

So, I had to buy both in two different sellers but, because of destiny and things like that, they seem to be going to arrive within the same time frame.

If you had to choose, price aside at this point, which one would you stick with?

As far as I've seen the reviews, the TUF cards never had any of the issues others had... So that must be kept in consideration..

The FTW3 is objectively the better card. The TUF is a great card aswell, especially if it ever sells at it's MSRP of 699$, but the FTW3 is EVGA's high-end model. For this price difference, i'd get the EVGA one.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

13 minutes ago, Hold-Ma-Beer said:

As far as I've seen the reviews, the TUF cards never had any of the issues others had... So that must be kept in consideration..

What issues? Crashing? The crashes have been fixed for all cards for weeks now. It was a driver issue that is resolved when using the latest one.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

20 minutes ago, rednano said:

After waiting a month for a card, you know what? i don't mind the price difference between both.

Where I live, the EVGA one costs 80 bucks more, but now that the wait is almost over, I don't want to go cheap, I want whatever is going to give me the best performance and last longer.

So, I had to buy both in two different sellers but, because of destiny and things like that, they seem to be going to arrive within the same time frame.

If you had to choose, price aside at this point, which one would you stick with?

EVGA ftw3 Ultra can flash 450w bios. 
Other than that.. same thing its a 3080.

https://videocardz.com/newz/evga-releases-xoc-450w-bios-for-geforce-rtx-3080-ftw3-ultra

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D | MoBo: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | RAM: G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ @3800CL16 | GPU: RTX 2080Ti | PSU: Corsair HX1200 | 

Case: Lian Li 011D XL | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB, Crucial MX500 500GB | Soundcard: Soundblaster ZXR | Mouse: Razer Viper Mini | Keyboard: Razer Huntsman TE Monitor: DELL AW2521H @360Hz |

9 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

What issues? Crashing? The crashes have been fixed for all cards for weeks now.

Yup, but the TUF ones never had such issues in the first place.. As far as I know, according to Jayztwocents, they used the high quality capacitors, which were suspected as the cause for the crashes. I'm no expert by any means, just felt to share this info :)

6 minutes ago, rednano said:

With an 850 w Corsair PSU and a 9700k... will I be able to use that 450w BIOS?

Should work. What exact PSU are you talking about?

1 minute ago, Stahlmann said:

Should work. What exact PSU are you talking about?

Corsair RM850i

1 minute ago, rednano said:

Corsair RM850i

That's a very high-quality unit. Should work with the 450W BIOS no problem.

The only thing I'm afraid of is the TUF arriving before the FTW and not being able to hold myself.

Well... I guess I will exercise my right of just trying both and returning the one I like the less....

Thanks!

If you plan to overclock the FTW is a better card; much higher power limit and 3x8-pin power.

If you plan to leave it stock the TUF is better and is a quieter card.

Current build: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, ASUS PRIME X570-Pro, EVGA RTX 3080 XC3 Ultra, G.Skill 2x16GB 3600C16 DDR4, Samsung 980 Pro 1TB, Sabrent Rocket 1TB, Corsair RM750x, Scythe Mugen 5 Rev. B, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M, LG 27GL83A-B