BSOD and no boot drive erros with new amd system

code99

I've gifted my brother an upgrade for his pc. 

I replaced his intel system with an amd system.

His specs are now like this:

New parts

Ryzen 3600 cpu (with stock cooler)

A450 Aorus Elite motherboard

2x8 Corsair Vengance LPX ram at 3200 Mhz

Old parts

RTX 2070 from MSI

Samsung 850 EVO ssd

PSU - i dont remember what psu he had. I know its a 650W bronze psu that he's used for the past 3-4 years

Win 10 pro

1080p 60hz display

We assembled the system saturday, installed windows and its updates and finally installed all drivers and various software/games he needed.

On sunday we continued to install various things and he also tried playing a game. All ran fine, he was very happy with the upgrade.

On monday he played some more, no issues at first. Later in the night, while in game (playing Escape from Tarkov), the system crashed with a BSOD.

The stop code shown was :

UNEXPECTED STORE EXCEPTION

After the system rebooted, he got an error that there was no boot device.

He also claims that he cant enter BIOS by pressing F12 key as shown at the begining of the booting sequence. He pressed F12 several times and nothing happened. 

The keyboard works because he tried other keys and those worked, just the bios key doesnt.

Prior to this crash, i asked him to check his temps while gaming. Neither the GPU or the CPU went above 85 degrees.

This is the second amd system in the last couple of months im having issues with ... 

I dont have the system on hand atm, will try and get it later today (he lives in another town close by)

Until then, any suggestions? 

Tips of what i should do?

can you have him try f1, f2 and del on diffrent posts, as it looks like gigabyte doesnt use f12, btu im not sure.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

he said he tried pressing DEL as well and it didnt work. F1 and F2 he didnt try.

Im a bit skeptical about he not being able to enter bios, he either did not press the correct key or something like that. I will know more about this when i get my hands on his system.

I also cant make him try pressing other keys now since he is at work for the next 8-10 hours.

Read the next post

An update on this.

He wasnt kidding. You cannot enter bios.

I managed to boot the system after clearing cmos and changing the sata port and sata cable (idk which one of these actually fixed the "no boot device present" error)

I tried to enter bios but I cant do it. I tried all keys and none worked.

DEL is listed as the key to enter bios. It didnt work

END is listed as the Qflash utility, which worked. I infact updated the bios to the latest version.

F9 for system information, again worked when pressed.

Its just DEL to enter bios that does not work. I tried plugging the keyboard in a new usb port. Nothing.

I tried a different keyboard, still nothing.

Im at a loss. 

Whats up with this bios thing? In all my years messing about with PCs i never had this issue.

The system works now. I have no idea why it crashed and why i got the no boot device error after the crash.

Is the motherboard defective?