Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is the Gigabyte P750GM worth it, for 95$

So I trying to find a good PSU, for a budget, which can future proof well. While browing Pc Part Picker, i found the P750GM, and the value was so great. 95~$ for a 80+Gold, Modular 750 Watt system, but I want to ask anyone knows the quality of the psu, and is it worth buying?

23 minutes ago, DemonAtBudget said:

So I trying to find a good PSU, for a budget, which can future proof well. While browing Pc Part Picker, i found the P750GM, and the value was so great. 95~$ for a 80+Gold, Modular 750 Watt system, but I want to ask anyone knows the quality of the psu, and is it worth buying?

It might be on tier B of the tierlist.  Not sure.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

It lists only gm.  Might be gm-a.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

I know its the not the same but I have used the G750H in a few builds including my work computer and I have no complaints about it, seems solid enough

CPU Ryzen 3600, MB MSI MEG Ace x570, RAM Corsair Vengence Pro 32gb @ 3200 mhz, Custom Loop, Thermal Take Core P5 TG, GPU EVGA RTX2080 Ti XC  PC Part Picker list for complete build https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/j86vTB

2 minutes ago, Ravendarat said:

I know its the not the same but I have used the G750H in a few builds including my work computer and I have no complaints about it, seems solid enough

H is tier a I think?  I vaguely remember seeing it

1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

It might be on tier B of the tierlist.  Not sure.

That's the AP-GM, also know as Aorus GM, which is the older model. This is a completely new model that has nothing known about it other than apparently a high DOA rate from reviews.

54 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

H is tier a I think?  I vaguely remember seeing it

The GH was Tier A, but it's been confirmed by jonnyGURU contacting CWT, that there is no OTP present, making it a Tier C PSU.

1 hour ago, DemonAtBudget said:

Get a Thermaltake GF1 PE for $110. 10 year warranty, still fully-modular, and it's one of the best in Tier A (apparently). Or if you don't care about modularity, the Antec Earthwatts Gold Pro 750w Semi-modular is $99.99, IIRC

CPU: Intel® Core™ i9-9900K Processor  Motherboard: ASRock Phantom Gaming 4-CB  CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2  GPU: Asus Dual OC 2080  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB (4x8GB) 3000Mhz CL15

Case: CyberpowerPC Onyxia (Proprietary Thermaltake View 21, side intake, not front)  PSU: ATNG 800w 80+ Bronze (replacing when shortage is over) Storage: 1TB Western Digital Blue 3D + 1TB Crucial P1 + 1TB ADATA XPG Gammix S11 Pro + 4TB Seagate Barracuda 5400RPM OS: Windows 10 Home

Headphones: Philips SHP9500s   Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 Cherry MX Red  Displays: Acer XG270HU (27" 1440p 144hz TN), Samsung UN32EH4003FXZA (32" 768p 60hz TV)

27 minutes ago, MrBrightSyde said:

That's the AP-GM, also know as Aorus GM, which is the older model. This is a completely new model that has nothing known about it other than apparently a high DOA rate from reviews.

The GH was Tier A, but it's been confirmed by jonnyGURU contacting CWT, that there is no OTP present, making it a Tier C PSU.

Get a Thermaltake GF1 PE for $110. 10 year warranty, still fully-modular, and it's one of the best in Tier A (apparently). Or if you don't care about modularity, the Antec Earthwatts Gold Pro 750w Semi-modular is $99.99, IIRC

IS the antech Earthwatts better than the P750GM, and I don't care about modularity

EDIT: I am adding the Thermaltake one for now as antec earthwatt 750 not in stock, or at 150$

1 hour ago, DemonAtBudget said:

IS the antech Earthwatts better than the P750GM, and I don't care about modularity

EDIT: I am adding the Thermaltake one for now as antec earthwatt 750 not in stock, or at 150$

Wait, where are you buying from? I'm seeing the Earthwatt Gold Pro 750w on Amazon for $99.99, in stock November 4th, unless you aren't from the US.

Of course, I would still pay the extra $10 for the Thermaltake GF1 since it has full modularity and a 3 year longer warranty.

CPU: Intel® Core™ i9-9900K Processor  Motherboard: ASRock Phantom Gaming 4-CB  CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2  GPU: Asus Dual OC 2080  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB (4x8GB) 3000Mhz CL15

Case: CyberpowerPC Onyxia (Proprietary Thermaltake View 21, side intake, not front)  PSU: ATNG 800w 80+ Bronze (replacing when shortage is over) Storage: 1TB Western Digital Blue 3D + 1TB Crucial P1 + 1TB ADATA XPG Gammix S11 Pro + 4TB Seagate Barracuda 5400RPM OS: Windows 10 Home

Headphones: Philips SHP9500s   Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 Cherry MX Red  Displays: Acer XG270HU (27" 1440p 144hz TN), Samsung UN32EH4003FXZA (32" 768p 60hz TV)

Alright, I was seeing on pc part picker there it was out of stock for Amazon, my bad :D