Need help new pc

oclawson

I'm about done building my pc but it won't start windows goes stright to bios it recognizes my ssd to 

1603601162208241726012028352773.jpg

Is windows installed on that SSD, or is that SSD brand new? If windows isn't installed, do you have USB boot on?

Chicago Bears fan, Bear Down

3 minutes ago, SlashedM said:

Is windows installed on that SSD, or is that SSD brand new? If windows isn't installed, do you have USB boot on?

Yes when I hit ctrl alt delete to boot windows it just goes stright back to bios never had a problem like this before 

A "yes" doesn't help here. I asked 3 questions. Also Ctrl + Alt + Del doesn't boot windows. 

4 minutes ago, SlashedM said:

A "yes" doesn't help here. I asked 3 questions. Also Ctrl + Alt + Del doesn't boot windows. 

The ssd is brand new and no i don't have USB boot on innever had to install windows before bought the same ssd as my last build 

1 minute ago, oclawson said:

The ssd is brand new and no i don't have USB boot on innever had to install windows before bought the same ssd as my last build 

I have never seen a brand new SSD with a copy of windows pre installed unless its from a prebuilt/laptop. You need to install windows. Seeing that Crucial SSD doesn't come with windows preinstalled.

Just now, SlashedM said:

I have never seen a brand new SSD with a copy of windows pre installed unless its from a prebuilt/laptop. You need to install windows. Seeing that Crucial SSD doesn't come with windows preinstalled.

Could I just get another hard drive that has it plug it in and clone it over 

Just now, oclawson said:

Could I just get another hard drive that has it plug it in and clone it over 

Yeah you can, if the new drive has enough space. You can also just clean install if you wanted.

Just now, SlashedM said:

Yeah you can, if the new drive has enough space. You can also just clean install if you wanted.

I got a 1tb ssd 

Just now, oclawson said:

I got a 1tb ssd 

Thats nice, but I don't know how big your old drive was, and how much you filled it up. 

4 minutes ago, SlashedM said:

Thats nice, but I don't know how big your old drive was, and how much you filled it up. 

So I plugged in my old hard drive that has windows on it and it still goes stright ti bios

Just now, oclawson said:

So I plugged in my old hard drive that has windows on it and it still goes stright ti bios

What does it show in the BIOS?

Just now, SlashedM said:

What does it show in the BIOS?

16036029939013670856105073761861.jpg

Just now, oclawson said:

16036029939013670856105073761861.jpg

BTW, why are you using port 4 instead of 1? Anyways, this drive was working in the old PC right?

Just now, SlashedM said:

BTW, why are you using port 4 instead of 1? Anyways, this drive was working in the old PC right?

Yea it was working before any of this on my ssd it just kept saying reboot and select proper device now it just going strigh to bios

Odd, do you have your old PC still? At this point you may want to try using a Windows USB by creating one with the Windows 10 Media Creation since I usually don't recommend using Windows installs from other PCs (unless you hard reset windows)

You can also use the old PC to clone the HDD to the SSD if you have enough SATA cables.

Solution 1:
a) make sure all cables are connected properly.

b) Configure the Boot options/priority

c) change the ports the drives are connected to. Check your motherboard manual for priorities, always fill 1 and up just in case.

Solution 2:
a) Get a Usb drive (8gb or more)
b) go on a working computer and download and use this: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=56485 to create a working usb install drive of win 10

c) plug into your new computer, use the boot menu to boot into the drive, install win10

d) profit

Planning on trying StarCitizen (Highly recommended)? STAR-NR5P-CJFR is my referal link 

20 minutes ago, SlashedM said:

Odd, do you have your old PC still? At this point you may want to try using a Windows USB by creating one with the Windows 10 Media Creation since I usually don't recommend using Windows installs from other PCs (unless you hard reset windows)

You can also use the old PC to clone the HDD to the SSD if you have enough SATA cables.

Ty for the help