My 5years old gaming tower is probably dead

Alexey sazonov

Hey guys, my wife exsidently spelt water on my gaming tower.. as soon as it happend I unplugged it from the electricity, after taking it apart to check the hardware I found out that my nuctua cpu fan was dripping water, my gpu was floated , and one little component was broken..

I am not sure what else was damaged since I haven't plugged it in to the electricity.. but from my look its not look that promising..

Is there any ideas what I can do to save him? Or its probably doomed?

My pc parts list:

Amd fx8730 black edition

Gigabyte am3+ old motherboard

8gb of gskill ram

Sapphire Radeon r9 vapor-x 8gb gddr4

850 watt seasonic power supply

And a few junky hdd..

For a very old setup it worked great, I will really appreciate any kind of help

7 minutes ago, Alexey sazonov said:

Hey guys, my wife exsidently spelt water on my gaming tower.. as soon as it happend I unplugged it from the electricity, after taking it apart to check the hardware I found out that my nuctua cpu fan was dripping water, my gpu was floated , and one little component was broken..

I am not sure what else was damaged since I haven't plugged it in to the electricity.. but from my look its not look that promising..

My pc parts list:

Amd fx8730 black edition

8gb of gskill ram

And a few junky hdd..

what component was broken?

1 minute ago, narrdarr said:

what component was broken?

I'm not sure how its called , but I'm guessing that is something thats tacking care of voltage 

20201025_044904.jpg

Someone knows maybe where I can find pc parts for very cheap!? But reliable source..

As you all know we are in a very rough time this days 😷

not sure if the water would have broke that. maybe it was broken before. looks easy to solder back on. it doesn't sound like system got killed as you were able to shut it down personally id flush everything with rubbing alcohol let it dry an try turning it on. 

1 minute ago, narrdarr said:

not sure if the water would have broke that. maybe it was broken before. looks easy to solder back on. it doesn't sound like system got killed as you were able to shut it down personally id flush everything with rubbing alcohol let it dry an try turning it on. 

I didn't shut it down properly.. I quickly unplugged it from the wall.. cause there was a lot of water.. 

And the part.. well yeah probably was broken even before.. or damaged by moving the pc from house to house.. I have moved like 4 times in 4 years 😅

42 minutes ago, Alexey sazonov said:

My pc parts list:

Amd fx8730 black edition

8gb of gskill ram

And a few junky hdd..

First of all... make sure all the water is 100% evaporated. Take all the panels out and let it sit for a few days. When you feel like it's ready to go, wait 2 more days.

Only then, plug it in, and see what happens... if you have a buzzer handy, make sure you plug it in, so you can hear a beep code if needed.

Main: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti, 16 GB 4400 MHz DDR4 Fedora 38 x86_64

Secondary: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Fedora 38 x86_64

Server: AMD Athlon PRO 3125GE, 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 ECC, TrueNAS Core 13.0-U5.1

Home Laptop: Intel Core i5-L16G7, 8 GB 4267 MHz LPDDR4x, Windows 11 Home 22H2 x86_64

Work Laptop: Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA Quadro P520, 8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Windows 10 Pro 22H2 x86_64

1 minute ago, Caroline said:

ebay

fb marketplace but beware of scammers

clean it up first, use alcohol and a soft cloth, avoid cotton balls and qtips as they leave a residue behind

remove the CPU and GPU heatsinks and detach the fans as well, let dry over the night. You'll need to repaste both chips so remove any dry paste

If water has entered the PSU you'll need to open it as well but be careful

Do you know whats the name of the part that was broken on my gpu?

-> Moved to Troubleshooting

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv