Advice for Selling Mechanical Keyboard bits

LordHiler

I have leftovers from some mechanical keyboard projects and would love to recover some costs. A variety of switches, some keycaps, some springs, just a variety of things. I doubt I have enough of the same key switched to outfit an entire keyboard with the same switches but I have a bunch of blues, browns, and some others. 

What is the best way to sell this stuff and try to get some cash for it? Reddit? Ebay? Should I just take some good photos and sell it all together or is it worth my time trying to part it out by specific switch type and whatnot?

Just looking for general advice on how not to fail at recouping some value haha

Thanks in advance!

Mechmarket but from what you're describing, I doubt anyone would pay for it. Got any pics or a list of specific items?

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

1 minute ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Mechmarket but from what you're describing, I doubt anyone would pay for it. Got any pics or a list of specific items?

Not this second but I can post one later. I know I wouldn't get a lot but was hoping for something lol. 

3 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Keycaps may sell. People often need certain keys for compatibility and don't want to buy an entire kit for 1 or 2 keys. 

7 minutes ago, geo3 said:

Keycaps may sell. People often need certain keys for compatibility and don't want to buy an entire kit for 1 or 2 keys. 

I would assume they are fairly cheap Corsair or similar keycaps, hence why I said they are fairly worthless.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

I've personally had success with selling spare switches on over discord, just try to find a group local to you. If you go on r/mechanicalkeyboard's discord server they should have an entire text chat dedicated to links to other mech discords, including regional groups.

"Never quote yourself"

-I need a better name

Thanks all for the great thoughts/advice. I'll try discord and see what I can do. 

The caps are actually great - double shot PBT with shine through. They are from ZSA. I use the Ergodox-EZ and Planck-EZ. I got both with black keycaps intially and then got the altitude sets for both as well. I mix and match a bit on colors on each keyboard so I have a full set for each but not in all the same colors, and they caps for the Ergodox layout so I don't have a full set for a standard keyboard. 

Still might be worth something, they were expensive keycaps in the first place, and very nice to type on. 

I also have a Das Keyboard 4 Ultimate with cherry MX blues I need to sell. Perfect condition. Big and heavy so not sure about shipping.