old amd apu running ridiculously hot

my little brother was asking for a gaming pc and i had an old fm2 motherboard from my previous computer. we were thinking of getting him a ryzen cpu but i suggested to settle for the old fm2 motherboard for now considering the only game he plays is roblox and minecraft. so using my fm2 board i paired it with an A8-7680 I got for $20 online which he's using as a placeholder for a ryzen cpu with a GTX 1650 (the gpu is a bit overkill for this apu but i bought it because he's getting a ryzen cpu in the future as i mentioned before, and yes i could have gotten an rx 570 but that's more expensive in my area). Minecraft and roblox are running fine but my only concern are the horrible temperatures. The cpu is cooled with an aftermarket cooler, an arctic mx-4, and four 120mm case fans ALL RUNNING AT MAXIMUM SPEEDS 24/7 with the most optimal airflow.

And yet, the cpu is running at 60c when surfing the internet, 70c while watching a 1080p 60fps youtube video, and 80c while gaming. This is really bothering me. I have re-applied the paste several times using different application methods each time until I ran out and still it's running at those same temperatures. Is this normal for the A8-7680 apu? Is it because of this cheapo cooler I bought for $10?

I've also noticed that it's not even hitting its advertised "3.8ghz boost", it gets stuck at 3.680ghz-3.7ghz.

A8-7680 stock, 1.512v

GTX 1650 4gb stock

MSI A68HM-E33 V2

2x4gb 1600mhz

Ice Edge Mini FS V2.O with Arctic MX-4

3 120mm intake fans @ 1300rpm fixed

1 120mm exhaust fan @ 1300rpm fixed

Corsair VS450

1TB HDD, 120GB SSD

Integrated graphics disabled in BIOS

idle - 50C

browsing 60C

youtube 1080p60fps - 70C

gaming - 80C

the temps are a little ridiculous lol

i think u need to change the cooler cuz some coolers might seem standard and with fast fans but they do very little for cooling, i recommend buying an aftermarket cooler which is a universal slot one or go for a water cooler when u get him the ryzen processor, but it could be the fault of motherboard or the processor, there are many possibilities...

i suggest he should wait for the new system and rock on it, go ahead.

i hope it helps.....

i'll get him a proper cooler soon but I want to know if these temperatures are "safe". my sister's gaming laptop from acer has worse temperatures and it's relatively new so should i stop worrying about his temps in the meantime?

5 minutes ago, aqua985 said:

i'll get him a proper cooler soon but I want to know if these temperatures are "safe". my sister's gaming laptop from acer has worse temperatures and it's relatively new so should i stop worrying about his temps in the meantime?

the temps are dangerous, i recommend to wait and if the laptop temps are really worse than this then it is also faulty