Eluktronics

I'm trying to find a new laptop and was informed earlier that the option I was looking at, the Asus TUF 15 may not be ideal due to thermal and display issues. I stumbled on the Eluktronics RP-15 Ultra Performance and was wondering if anyone had experience with this? It seems Eluktronics is a reseller, but I don't exactly know what that means with respect to computers. 

I have a rp-17, same internals, bigger screen and resin body, it's a heck of a laptop.

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

24 minutes ago, Cyracus said:

I have a rp-17, same internals, bigger screen and resin body, it's a heck of a laptop.

Thanks for the input, I was hoping at least one person could vouch for it personally.

1 hour ago, PiberiusWilde said:

Hey check out this guy here. Here reviews those kind of laptop.

This video was very informative, thank you!

I've somewhat recently (~1 year) gotten into desktop builds and have a couple custom builds now, but I've never messed with laptops. Can you replace parts easily, both in general and for this particular machine? Specifically if I want to add another SSD or more RAM, small things like that?

1 hour ago, drurya96 said:

Thanks for the input, I was hoping at least one person could vouch for it personally.

This video was very informative, thank you!

I've somewhat recently (~1 year) gotten into desktop builds and have a couple custom builds now, but I've never messed with laptops. Can you replace parts easily, both in general and for this particular machine? Specifically if I want to add another SSD or more RAM, small things like that?

Upgradability of laptops is really diverse between manufacturers and vendors. Some of them like Asus and HP actually supports upgrading your laptop and they even provided the drive covers to put your new drive in and didn't put the "Warranty Stickers" on the screw hole of their laptop.

But others like Acer which their laptop are upgradable, put stickers on the screw hole and forces the consumer to go to their service center to upgrade their laptop.

Remember! Reality Is An Illusion, The Universe Is A Hologram, Buy GOLD! Byeeee!!!

3 hours ago, drurya96 said:

Where are you from? Budget?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

47 minutes ago, genexis_x said:

Where are you from? Budget?

I'm in the US, and I'm looking between $900-$1,400 but if I have to step a $100 higher that would be ok.

51 minutes ago, drurya96 said:

I'm in the US, and I'm looking between $900-$1,400 but if I have to step a $100 higher that would be ok.

Not open to Intel based options?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

5 hours ago, drurya96 said:

for this particular machine? Specifically if I want to add another SSD or more RAM, small things like that?

Ram and storage upgradable, for ram timings from what I can tell it only accepts jedec speed bin profiles, otherwise defaults to 2400mhz. Oddly performance doesn't seem affected by that, at least nowhere I've been able to identify

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

7 hours ago, genexis_x said:

Not open to Intel based options?

I don't think so, I do bioinformatics so more threads means a lot for me. Of course most of my work happens on a server, but for testing out software or making small environments (I'll be dual booting ubuntu) its nice to have a local machine that can at least handle some of the work. Almost all of the software I use can be multithreaded with nearly linear performance boost up 8 threads and they still have very good boost even at 16 or 32 threads.