Question about error message

BoxTurtle
Go to solution Solved by minibois,
4 minutes ago, turtlecraft said:

So i just got this monitor and it is giving me this message when I turn it on. "Use of fixed patterns or static images for more than 30 minutes may result in image burn in!" Should I be worried about this message and mainly what does it mean?

It means what it says there, if you leave the same image on the screen for an extended amount of time (they chose 30 minutes), it may result in burn-in, which is the effect of your monitor retaining an image after you are not actively showing it anymore. (so for example, leaving a specific logo on the screen for a long time may result in the monitor retaining this image, so you always see a shadow of it regardless of what you're doing on the monitor).

So i just got this monitor and it is giving me this message when I turn it on. "Use of fixed patterns or static images for more than 30 minutes may result in image burn in!" Should I be worried about this message and mainly what does it mean?

WARNING!! THE THINGS I SAY ARE BASED OFF EXPERIENCE AND MIGHT NOT BE TOTALLY ACCURATE!!

Probably ask the company making it. It should be fine because its an IPS display and IPS panels only get burn in extremely rarely.

4 minutes ago, turtlecraft said:

It means what it says there, if you leave the same image on the screen for an extended amount of time (they chose 30 minutes), it may result in burn-in, which is the effect of your monitor retaining an image after you are not actively showing it anymore. (so for example, leaving a specific logo on the screen for a long time may result in the monitor retaining this image, so you always see a shadow of it regardless of what you're doing on the monitor).

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/