Surface Pro 4 TypeCover Driver Installation (Manually?)

OutsideOctaves

I've got a serious problem, that apparantly a lot of others have had in that I left my SP4 on overnight draining it, and then I woke up, plugged it in only to find that even on removing it, checking for dust and cleaning (rare, I keep that clean by keeping it installed)... reattaching several times and nothing.  It just will not work.  I first went to the net and found a few solutions, downloading and installing driver/firmware updates, that didn't help.  Updating windows didn't help.  I turned it off and back on... nothing.  I tried the Power+Vol. Up button on the top of the device for 30 seconds, nothing.  I went into the UEFI and turned off and back on the typecover, didn't work.  I then went to Device Manager, unhid any hidden devices and found it had disappeared from all three locations: Keyboard, HID, and Firmware.  I tried reinstalling the drivers/firmware via the msi file several times, to no avail (reboots each time).  I tried looking it up in Dev. Manager before rebooting, it isn't there.

Though, it is putting the .cat, .sys, and .ini files for it in the SurfaceUpdate folder in Program Files.  That means it's got the files to do so, but for some reason is not.  I've tried several iterations of the .msi file without avail.

I tried to manually install it by going to Dev. Manager's legacy install function>All Devices>Have disk and finding the ini file but it refuses to load it saying there is no setup file.

I'm at my wit's end here as to what I should do.

I even Reset from my Win.10 Install media, and still it's not on any of them even when unhidden.  I mean what's left?  I have the .zip file that has all the files that the msi would have if that helps.

Oh, and it is recognizing that something is there when I attach it, as it sees it as an HID Keyboard (but of course doesn't work at all).  I've uninstalled all hid keyboards in dev. manager, and installed the msi file over and over... nothing.