Asrock X570 board won't boot from USB - UNRAID

So I'm upgrading my Unraid Storage Server and went with an Asrock X570 Phantom Gaming 4 motherboard and an AMD Ryzen 5 3400G processor.  It booted perfectly fine, got into BIOS and tweaked settings without issue.  Set the Boot Priority to my USB stick containing UNRAID (tried in multiple rear I/O 3.0 USB ports).  However when it reboots, it just automatically opens the BIOS menu.  If I hit F11 and try to force it to boot from the USB stick, again it just goes to the BIOS menu on restart.  

I'm getting no Errors, cannot see any issues with anything, just not booting off the USB stick at all.  It clearly detects it being there.  Plugged the stick into one of my Windows machines and it detected fine, so there doesn't seem to be a drive issue.  The UNRAID server was working just a few days ago but I was having some hardware trouble with my old Motherboard/CPU. 

Ryzen 7 2700X , Asus Prime X570-Pro, Bykski CPU Block, AMD Vega 56, Barrow GPU block, g.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB PC2800, Dual EKWB SE360 Radiators, Corsair RM750x PSU. All in a Lian-Li PC011 Dynamic XL case.

20 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

Did you follow their instructions? https://wiki.unraid.net/UnRAID_6/Getting_Started

I was trying off of my "old" Boot Drive as that SHOULD work according to every resource I can find for UNRAID.  So I just grabbed another stick, flashed a new boot drive, and tried that, still nothing.  

Ryzen 7 2700X , Asus Prime X570-Pro, Bykski CPU Block, AMD Vega 56, Barrow GPU block, g.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB PC2800, Dual EKWB SE360 Radiators, Corsair RM750x PSU. All in a Lian-Li PC011 Dynamic XL case.

8 minutes ago, MandicReally said:

I was trying off of my "old" Boot Drive as that SHOULD work according to every resource I can find for UNRAID.  So I just grabbed another stick, flashed a new boot drive, and tried that, still nothing.  

Don't get me wrong, I'd assume it should work too, but I also just wanted to make sure.

You said you tweaked some settings before trying to boot off of the USB drive. I can only assume that might have changed something that is now messing with

your boot devices. So just to be sure I'd try a CMOS reset and see if that helps.

Maybe plug in a Windows 10 bootable or Linux bootable drive and see if that works as its supposed to.

If that works, then the issue can't be the board I'd think.

You can also try a BIOS update.

33 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

Don't get me wrong, I'd assume it should work too, but I also just wanted to make sure.

You said you tweaked some settings before trying to boot off of the USB drive. I can only assume that might have changed something that is now messing with

your boot devices. So just to be sure I'd try a CMOS reset and see if that helps.

Maybe plug in a Windows 10 bootable or Linux bootable drive and see if that works as its supposed to.

If that works, then the issue can't be the board I'd think.

You can also try a BIOS update.

Windows Boot Media worked, annoying.  Went to Flash BIOS and the system decided to stop booting all together.  Removed an HBA card I had in there and now it boots.  Flashing BIOS now and hoping that doesn't screw up the 3400G support. 

2 minutes ago, MandicReally said:

Windows Boot Media worked, annoying.  Went to Flash BIOS and the system decided to stop booting all together.  Removed an HBA card I had in there and now it boots.  Flashing BIOS now and hoping that doesn't screw up the 3400G support. 

Alright. Hope it all works out, cause I'm now out of advice. 😛 

1 hour ago, Senzelian said:

Alright. Hope it all works out, cause I'm now out of advice. 😛 

Issue solved.  To boot the UNRAID USB required CSM to be Enabled.  For some reason the THREE most recent BIOS for this motherboard all are missing CSM.  They list it but the menu for it is blank.  I had to go back to the 4th Revision back to actually get CSM.  THAT Fixed the issue. I put in a service Ticket to Asrock informing them of the CSM issue, hopefully they fix it.

9 hours ago, MandicReally said:

Issue solved.  To boot the UNRAID USB required CSM to be Enabled.  For some reason the THREE most recent BIOS for this motherboard all are missing CSM.  They list it but the menu for it is blank.  I had to go back to the 4th Revision back to actually get CSM.  THAT Fixed the issue. I put in a service Ticket to Asrock informing them of the CSM issue, hopefully they fix it.

Oh wow, I didn't even think about CSM. That's pretty ridiculous.

On which BIOS revision are you now and which ones didn't work? I wanna have a look for my self later. I own the same board, but run Windows on it.

On 10/21/2020 at 4:23 AM, Senzelian said:

Oh wow, I didn't even think about CSM. That's pretty ridiculous.

On which BIOS revision are you now and which ones didn't work? I wanna have a look for my self later. I own the same board, but run Windows on it.

I'm on BIOS Revision 2.60.  3.00, 3.10, and 3.20 all show CSM in the BIOS but if you open the sub menu it just says "CSM Is Disabled" and has no options for Enabling.  I'd be interested to hear if that is the same for you.  I contacted AsRock and they just told me to enable UEFI booting of my OS. Which you can do on UNRAID but I shouldn't have to.  CSM support seems to be broken and that isn't my fault.

On 10/23/2020 at 4:30 AM, MandicReally said:

I'm on BIOS Revision 2.60.  3.00, 3.10, and 3.20 all show CSM in the BIOS but if you open the sub menu it just says "CSM Is Disabled" and has no options for Enabling.  I'd be interested to hear if that is the same for you.  I contacted AsRock and they just told me to enable UEFI booting of my OS. Which you can do on UNRAID but I shouldn't have to.  CSM support seems to be broken and that isn't my fault.

I'm at 2.30 and got no problems to report.

Pretty silly that they would say something like that.
I wonder what will happen to my CSM options once I update to a newer BIOS, which I'll have to for Ryzen 5000.

image.thumb.png.cbeecf66e18424bd5c3972f4788f3ae7.png