Is Ironside good?

Im looking for a pc to start me off before i fully get into building one myself, kinda of like a base to start with to improve upon and i been hearing that ironside is good, but i want more opinions and other options on the matter.

2 minutes ago, KEthe19th said:

Im looking for a pc to start me off before i fully get into building one myself, kinda of like a base to start with to improve upon and i been hearing that ironside is good, but i want more opinions and other options on the matter.

If you are gonna improve on it anyways might as well build one immediately. It's really not that hard + you'll save money/get a better system.

33 minutes ago, KEthe19th said:

The only association I have with the term “Ironside” is a civil war era tall ship or a 1970’s TV show.  I don’t know if you’re talking about a specific named computer or an app or a methodology or what.  Could you be more specific?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

6 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

The only association I have with the term “Ironside” is a civil war era tall ship or a 1970’s TV show.  I don’t know if you’re talking about a specific named computer or an app or a methodology or what.  Could you be more specific?

https://ironsidecomputers.com/shop/fiend-advanced/?v=00dc5da36527#component

Thats the website i'm referring to that has the computers they also allow you to swap out parts 

40 minutes ago, jaslion said:

If you are gonna improve on it anyways might as well build one immediately. It's really not that hard + you'll save money/get a better system.

Thats what i was thinking but im very new to pc gaming and i just want to instantly hop in without the extra hassle of building one at this moment 

Ah. A prebuilt maker.  Names seem to coincide with case type.  I have no opinion, except perhaps I’m not super pumped about their cases.  They seem to be a bit short on ventilation.   Hard to tell from just a case pic and no internals description though.

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

5 hours ago, KEthe19th said:

Thats what i was thinking but im very new to pc gaming and i just want to instantly hop in without the extra hassle of building one at this moment 

I mean is it really that bad to order parts now and build the system tomorrow compared to the shipping time ironside has of about a week it seems (could be wrong but thats what it tells me in the cart). That and you have full control over the parts. They are intentionally vague about the parts and have a HUGE markup on them. Really the best would be to build it yourself because:

It's cheaper

You get better quality parts

You learn something

You can decide exactly what you want