PC Issues

Ilario

Hey guys I'm new to this forum and I'm still not the best with computers. I've been having an issue with my pc for a while where the frames have been extremely low for what my pc should be able to do. I have two RTX 2080 cards, i74930k,  32.00 GB of DDR3 ram and a Corsair AX 1500i. The company which I had gotten my PC from said it wasn't bottlenecking (which I think may be a lie) and also told me to disable NV link. In games like Modern Warfare I struggle to get past 100 FPS on 1080p and low and medium settings. Also games like CSGO which I play at 4:3 1280x960 and just managed to push 120 frames. I used to have 3 780ti cards before and all my frames on every game were a lot higher. Even games like Minecraft I just hit past 100 FPS with also low settings. I have had a lot of issues with the company and just want to solve this issue once and for all. Also for anyone wondering I had been given this PC back in 2014 through the make a wish foundation and had problems previously and then the PC was shipped back and major damage had been done therefore getting the RTX cards as a replacement. If anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it. I have also reinstalled all latest drivers and such. 

I think Linus just did a video on this, where he talks about the diminishing returns of SLI, especially as the cards get more advanced. Have you tried using just one physical card? A single 2080 should be able to do fairly well against most titles.

2 hours ago, Stylized_Violence said:

I think Linus just did a video on this, where he talks about the diminishing returns of SLI, especially as the cards get more advanced. Have you tried using just one physical card? A single 2080 should be able to do fairly well against most titles.

Yeah i disabled SLI and still have the issue. Do you think it could be bottlenecking? Like for example in Warzone I struggle to get more than 80-90 fps and playing at that feels awful especially on 144hz monitor. Like my brother has a 1070 and i5 and he runs better fps in every game than I do. 

12 hours ago, Ilario said:

Yeah i disabled SLI and still have the issue.

Try physically removing the card and just running a single card. And the frames you are getting, are they smooth or does it stutter?

7 hours ago, Stylized_Violence said:

Try physically removing the card and just running a single card. And the frames you are getting, are they smooth or does it stutter?

I'll probably have to take it in somewhere to do that. The frames are usually smooth, sometimes it does stutter tho. 

2 hours ago, Ilario said:

I'll probably have to take it in somewhere to do that.

You shouldn't have to, unless you're not allowed by the company you got it from. Otherwise it's a pretty straightforward operation.

You can also try a soft reset within Windows, just in case there is something not quite right.

5 hours ago, Stylized_Violence said:

You shouldn't have to, unless you're not allowed by the company you got it from. Otherwise it's a pretty straightforward operation.

You can also try a soft reset within Windows, just in case there is something not quite right.

Nah I personally just don't really feel comfortable with doing it since I'm not very experienced with installing hardware hands on. 

9 hours ago, Ilario said:

Nah I personally just don't really feel comfortable with doing it since I'm not very experienced with installing hardware hands on. 

Ok man, no worries. Well then here's what I would do (you may have done these already)

- Verify that your games are using the dedicated GPU via the Nvidia Control Panel (or Windows Settings depending on what build you're on)

- Do a soft reset (saves your personal files but uninstalls most third party apps, including games)

- If using something like Steam, verify integrity of the files you're launching (right click > properties > local files > verify integrity)

- All else fails, factory reset it completely (hard reset)

Other than that, I'm not sure, I hope someone else comes along that may be able to point you in the right direction. Good luck!

2 hours ago, Stylized_Violence said:

Ok man, no worries. Well then here's what I would do (you may have done these already)

- Verify that your games are using the dedicated GPU via the Nvidia Control Panel (or Windows Settings depending on what build you're on)

- Do a soft reset (saves your personal files but uninstalls most third party apps, including games)

- If using something like Steam, verify integrity of the files you're launching (right click > properties > local files > verify integrity)

- All else fails, factory reset it completely (hard reset)

Other than that, I'm not sure, I hope someone else comes along that may be able to point you in the right direction. Good luck!

Thank you, I will give these all a try. I really appreciate you taking the time to give me some help.