Molex to fan header safety?

MrAxe

Looking at a molex 12v cable to 3 x 4pin fan connections! 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01LFCB3TS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_VDIJFbDH3NGDF

Need fans and my mobo only has one header and I wanted four fans! 

System Specs: Ryzen 5 5500 (Themralright Assassin X) // Asus A520m-K // Vengeance 2x8GB 3200Mhz Ram // Gigabyte Eagle RX 6600 XT // Gigabyte P650B 650w // WD Blue Sn550 500GB Nvme // CX500 2TB  // CiY Tester84 (Outemu Orange) // Razer Mamba Wireless // Gamemax Trooper Case

should be fine, since every 3/4-pin fan i know works on 12V, which is probably what the adapter uses

and you're probably not powering delta fans or anything of the sort (high power consumption fans)

fan noise from then running full speed all the time, on the other hand...

powering 4 fans with unpowered splitter from motherboard is not a good idea, so i guess you could look for a 7V molex to fan adapter (i've seen some)

or splurge a bit and buy a powered controllable fan hub to split that single fan header to multiple headers, and uses sata/molex power

though do take note if they are PWM or DC splitters tho.

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

1 minute ago, Moonzy said:

should be fine, since every 3/4-pin fan i know works on 12V, which is probably what the adapter uses

and you're probably not powering delta fans or anything of the sort (high power consumption fans)

fan noise from then running full speed all the time, on the other hand...

powering 4 fans with unpowered splitter is not a good idea, so i guess you could look for a 7V molex to fan adapter (i've seen some)

or splurge a bit and buy a powered controllable fan hub to split that single fan header to multiple headers, and uses sata/molex power

though do take note if they are PWM or DC splitters tho.

I have a silencio! Literally a noise dampening case... I'm looking at Arctic f12s because they are cheap and effective, about the price of a noctura fan per 5 f12s. 

System Specs: Ryzen 5 5500 (Themralright Assassin X) // Asus A520m-K // Vengeance 2x8GB 3200Mhz Ram // Gigabyte Eagle RX 6600 XT // Gigabyte P650B 650w // WD Blue Sn550 500GB Nvme // CX500 2TB  // CiY Tester84 (Outemu Orange) // Razer Mamba Wireless // Gamemax Trooper Case

1 minute ago, MrAxe said:

Literally a noise dampening case..

i hate the idea of noise dampening case, because they choke the intake with foam

making the fans having to spin faster to compensate, making an even more annoying whiny noise than a wind whoosh

but that's a topic for another discussion.

2 minutes ago, MrAxe said:

I'm looking at Arctic f12s because they are cheap and effective, about the price of a noctura fan per 5 f12s.

no comment on how those fans will sound while running at full speed

if you don't mind those fans running at full speed (you can easily test this now, plug 1 fan in and go to bios and tune it to 100% and hear how it sounds)

then you can use that adapter just fine

also, noctua NF-F12 does come with low noise adapters that limit the RPM to 1200 instead of 1500, iirc.

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

13 hours ago, Moonzy said:

i hate the idea of noise dampening case, because they choke the intake with foam

making the fans having to spin faster to compensate, making an even more annoying whiny noise than a wind whoosh

but that's a topic for another discussion.

no comment on how those fans will sound while running at full speed

if you don't mind those fans running at full speed (you can easily test this now, plug 1 fan in and go to bios and tune it to 100% and hear how it sounds)

then you can use that adapter just fine

also, noctua NF-F12 does come with low noise adapters that limit the RPM to 1200 instead of 1500, iirc.

I have my exhaust to run on auto! I don't mind noise because I have a  industrial space heater under my desk, so sound shouldn't a issue! 

Also the airflow on the s600 is adequate! It's not great but  enough to not choke the system causing issues! It's adequate.