Best app for mac?

Go to solution Solved by LogicalDrm,
1 minute ago, Leod30 Games said:

for school

LibreOffice?

8 minutes ago, Leod30 Games said:

Best app for mac? i have a macbook air 2019.

Best app..? It's an operating system, there are many apps. What are you looking for specifically?

Make sure to quote me or use @PorkishPig to notify me that you replied!

Desktop

CPU - Ryzen 9 3900X | Cooler - Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard - ASUS TUF X570-PLUS RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 32GB Case - Meshify C

GPU - RTX 3080 FE PSU - Straight Power 11 850W Platinum Storage - 980 PRO 1TB, 960 EVO 500GB, S31 1TB, MX500 500GB | OS - Windows 11 Pro

Homelab

CPU - Core i5-11400 | Cooler - Noctua NH-U12S | Motherboard - ASRock Z590M-ITX RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3600 32GB (2x16)  | Case - Node 304

PSU - EVGA B3 650W | Storage - 860 EVO 256GB, Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB, WD Red 4TB (x6 in RAIDZ1 w/ LSI 9207-8i) | OS - TrueNAS Scale (Debian)

For like..... what?

Just now, Den-Fi said:

For like..... what?

Just give me the BEST ONE!

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

I don’t think there is a “best app” for anything.  It depends massively on what you want the thing for.  There could be some apps that a lot of people with macs use.  An easy way to look for one of those would be to look at the most popular downloads on the Mac App Store. Back in the day one thing macs ran better than anything else is what is now the Adobe suite.  The thing is that software is useless if you’re not doing some kind of art.  So would it be a “neat app”?  Only if you were doing arts.  For PCs I believe CCcleaner is wildly popular, but a lot of people here hate the thing passionately and consider it a scam.   “Best” is useless.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 minute ago, Velcade said:

Just give me the BEST ONE!

Time Machine.

I meant to meme, but that's probably the best Mac app lol.

6 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

Time Machine.

I meant to meme, but that's probably the best Mac app lol.

That’s actually fair since the time machine app would actually come with a nice piece of backup hardware.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

I guess Office 365 because that is great on my mac but I do not fully understand what you are talking about

My Laptop: A MacBook Air 

My Desktop: Don’t have one 

My Phone: An Honor 8s (although I don’t recommend it)

My Favourite OS: Linux

My Console: A Regular PS4

My Tablet: A Huawei Mediapad m5 

Spoiler

12 hours ago, PorkishPig said:

Best app..? It's an operating system, there are many apps. What are you looking for specifically?

for productivity

1 hour ago, Leod30 Games said:

for productivity

That doesn't really help. Productivity is wide range of things. What is it you are trying to do. Is it for work or school? And if so, what type of things you need to do so you can improve your productivity?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

16 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

That doesn't really help. Productivity is wide range of things. What is it you are trying to do. Is it for work or school? And if so, what type of things you need to do so you can improve your productivity?

for school

1 minute ago, Leod30 Games said:

for school

LibreOffice?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

6 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

LibreOffice?

On macOS? I'm going to have to disagree here. Pages, Numbers and Keynote come with macOS and they're much better than LibreOffice is on macOS.

43 minutes ago, maplepants said:

On macOS? I'm going to have to disagree here. Pages, Numbers and Keynote come with macOS and they're much better than LibreOffice is on macOS.

Should have maybe added /s since they didn't really give anything to go off from. Plus haven't used Mac ever, so I don't know how good the stock stuff is.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv