What can I do with a 1080 Wyze Cam?

Video Beagle

I got a Wyze Cam 1080 on a Post Prime Day sale for 9.99.   Wasn't sure what I'd do with it, but it was a "buy now, think later" type of ting....well, it's later...

It's aimed to be a security camera, but I have no need for that. Don't need to monitor pets.  I wondered idly about using it as a web cam, but haven't looked into that, yet.

Figured I'd open it up to te creative community here, see what folks thought.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076H3SRXG/

🖥️ Motherboard: MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS  ** Processor: AMD Ryzen 2600 3.4 GHz ** Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 1070 TI 8GB Zotac 1070ti 🖥️
🖥️ Memory: 32GB DDR4 2400  ** Power Supply: 650 Watts Power Supply Thermaltake +80 Bronze Thermaltake PSU 🖥️

🍎 2012 iMac i7 27";  2007 MBP 2.2 GHZ; Power Mac G5 Dual 2GHZ; B&W G3; Quadra 650; Mac SE 🍎

🍎 iPad Air2; iPhone SE 2020; iPhone 5s; AppleTV 4k 🍎

If you stream or ever plan to would make a good hand cam as that doesn't need to be particularly high quality as it's very small. Other than that not much really lol.

4 hours ago, Video Beagle said:

I got a Wyze Cam 1080 on a Post Prime Day sale for 9.99.   Wasn't sure what I'd do with it, but it was a "buy now, think later" type of ting....well, it's later...

It's aimed to be a security camera, but I have no need for that. Don't need to monitor pets.  I wondered idly about using it as a web cam, but haven't looked into that, yet.

Figured I'd open it up to te creative community here, see what folks thought.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076H3SRXG/

If you have a garage, and you're like me and you always wonder if you REALLY closed the garage door before leaving for a trip, even you though you absolutely know you watched the stupid thing close before leaving the driveway, you could use it to stream the garage door so you can check to make sure it's closed.

But I digress...

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15