3990x 128Gb ram 32000 mhz, help!

Hi all, I'm having hard time run a 128GB Kit (4 x 32GB) HyperX FURY DDR4 3200MHz, CL16, Black, DIMM Memory at 3200 mhz. Cpu is 3990x with a sTRX4 Zhenit Extreme 2 mb. I used Ryzen DRAM calculator to get all the timings and Voltages for a safe run but I failed every attempt. 

Here I attach few screenshots .

If someone have suggestions or idea how to run them at 3200 or 3000 mhz is very welcomed to share the right way :D 

Cheers

IMG_20201018_003820.jpg

IMG_20201018_004111.jpg

just enable xmp or docp in bios

QUOTE ME  FOR ANSWER.

Main PC:

Spoiler

|Ryzen 7 3700x, OC to 4.2ghz @1.3V, 67C, or 4.4ghz @1.456V, 87C || Asus strix 5700 XT, +50 core, +50 memory, +50 power (not a great overclocker) || Asus Strix b550-A || G.skill trident Z Neo rgb 32gb 3600mhz cl16-19-19-19-39, oc to 3733mhz with the same timings || Cooler Master ml360 RGB AIO || Phanteks P500A Digital || Thermaltake ToughPower grand RGB750w 80+gold || Samsung 850 250gb and Adata SX 6000 Lite 500gb || Toshiba 5400rpm 1tb || Asus Rog Theta 7.1 || Asus Rog claymore || Asus Gladius 2 origin gaming mouse || Monitor 1 Asus 1080p 144hz || Monitor 2 AOC 1080p 75hz || 

Test Rig.

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 3400G || Gigabyte b450 S2H || Hyper X fury 2x4gb 2666mhz cl 16 ||Stock cooler || Antec NX100 || Silverstone essential 400w || Transgend SSD 220s 480gb ||

Just Sold

Spoiler

| i3 9100F || Msi Gaming X gtx 1050 TI || MSI Z390 A-Pro || Kingston 1x16gb 2400mhz cl17 || Stock cooler || Kolink Horizon RGB || Corsair CV 550w || Pny CS900 120gb ||

Tier lists for building a PC.

Motherboard tier list. Tier A for overclocking 5950x. Tier B for overclocking 5900x, Tier C for overclocking 5800X. Tier D for overclocking 5600X. Tier F for 4/6 core Cpus at stock. Tier E avoid.

(Also case airflow matter or if you are using Downcraft air cooler)

Spoiler

Gpu tier list. Rtx 3000 and RX 6000 not included since not so many reviews. Tier S for Water cooling. Tier A and B for overcloking. Tier C stock and Tier D avoid.

( You can overclock Tier C just fine, but it can get very loud, that is why it is not recommended for overclocking, same with tier D)

Spoiler

Psu tier List. Tier A for Rtx 3000, Vega and RX 6000. Tier B For anything else. Tier C cheap/IGPU. Tier D and E avoid.

(RTX 3000/ RX 6000 Might run just fine with higher wattage tier B unit, Rtx 3070 runs fine with tier B units)

Spoiler

Cpu cooler tier list. Tier 1&2 for power hungry Cpus with Overclock. Tier 3&4 for overclocking Ryzen 3,5,7 or lower power Intel Cpus. Tier 5 for overclocking low end Cpus or 4/6 core Ryzen. Tier 6&7 for stock. Tier 8&9 Ryzen stock cooler performance. Do not waste your money!

Spoiler

Storage tier List. Tier A for Moving files/  OS. Tier B for OS/Games. Tier C for games. Tier D budget Pcs. Tier E if on sale not the worst but not good.

(With a grain of salt, I use tier C for OS myself)

Spoiler

Case Tier List. Work In Progress. Most Phanteks airflow series cases already done!

Ask me anything :)

I tried but it do not like it, it restart in safe mode with the auto settings at 2400mhz :/ 

12 minutes ago, Frank_Art said:

Hi all, I'm having hard time run a 128GB Kit (4 x 32GB) HyperX FURY DDR4 3200MHz, CL16, Black, DIMM Memory at 3200 mhz. Cpu is 3990x with a sTRX4 Zhenit Extreme 2 mb. I used Ryzen DRAM calculator to get all the timings and Voltages for a safe run but I failed every attempt. 

Here I attach few screenshots .

If someone have suggestions or idea how to run them at 3200 or 3000 mhz is very welcomed to share the right way :D 

Cheers

IMG_20201018_003820.jpg

IMG_20201018_004111.jpg

maybe updating the bios or clearing cmos help!

1 minute ago, Frank_Art said:

I tried but it do not like it, it restart in safe mode with the auto settings at 2400mhz :/ 

its the only way

8 hours ago, Alireza said:

maybe updating the bios or clearing cmos help!

Alredy done, cleared cmos and flashed the latest bios.

1 minute ago, Frank_Art said:

Alredy done, cleared cmos and flashed the latest bios.

Enable XMP profile in bios

8 hours ago, Abdullah Bhutta said:

its the only way

I cant believe that they will run at only 2400 mhz ... no way ^^ 

Just now, Frank_Art said:

I cant believe that they will run at only 2400 mhz ... no way ^^ 

Can you set the speed Manually after enabling XMP?

1 minute ago, Abdullah Bhutta said:

Enable XMP profile in bios

I did it! It always reboot in safe mode

3 minutes ago, Abdullah Bhutta said:

Can you set the speed Manually after enabling XMP?

Yes I also did that, after enabling DOCP ( XMP) i manually changed the timing and voltage from DRAM calculator results, and again it reboot in safe mode :/

4 hours ago, Frank_Art said:

Yes I also did that, after enabling DOCP ( XMP) i manually changed the timing and voltage from DRAM calculator results, and again it reboot in safe mode :/

in this case you better return the ram and get a new set

On 10/19/2020 at 1:34 AM, Alireza said:

in this case you better return the ram and get a new set

I think is a problem of the mb, now I wrote to ASUS to see what they have to say about this situation, I will not be surprise if they say that if I want to profit of the full speed of the memory I have to buy the alpha edition :/ 

In your opinion what that mean? "Memory runs at stock setting" ??? if my memory is a 3200 mhz his stock memory is 3200 mhz or the lowest? let run them at 3200 is alrdy considered OC? image.thumb.png.f52acf786ea6ee9ee95f94323f6af606.png

On 10/20/2020 at 5:35 PM, Frank_Art said:

In your opinion what that mean? "Memory runs at stock setting" ??? if my memory is a 3200 mhz his stock memory is 3200 mhz or the lowest? let run them at 3200 is alrdy considered OC? image.thumb.png.f52acf786ea6ee9ee95f94323f6af606.png

no its not

the stock speed of your ram is the stock speed of ddr4 technology which is 2133 MHz not advertised 3200 MHz on your ram

its really better to return your ram if you can and buy a kit that you can make sure its working with 3990x

Quick update, after having some issue right now I'm testing with Prime 95 125gb at 2666 mhz that apparently is the maximum speed is possible to reach today with 3990x on  ASUS Zenith 2 extreme, I was able to post at 2800  mhz but was crazy unstable, so unless prime 95 on the next 12 hour will give me a bad report ( I alrdy tested the memory with mem test 86 for more then 12 hours with 0 error) it doesn't really change having a different memory set. If I really want to have faster memory I probably need to change MB (get the alpha if I want to stay with asus) and also the memory. Since I'm not a gamer and I use it for render productivity if I get a stable report from Prime 95 I will be more than happy :)

7 hours ago, Frank_Art said:

Quick update, after having some issue right now I'm testing with Prime 95 125gb at 2666 mhz that apparently is the maximum speed is possible to reach today with 3990x on  ASUS Zenith 2 extreme, I was able to post at 2800  mhz but was crazy unstable, so unless prime 95 on the next 12 hour will give me a bad report ( I alrdy tested the memory with mem test 86 for more then 12 hours with 0 error) it doesn't really change having a different memory set. If I really want to have faster memory I probably need to change MB (get the alpha if I want to stay with asus) and also the memory. Since I'm not a gamer and I use it for render productivity if I get a stable report from Prime 95 I will be more than happy :)

that's good news

and stick to Asus

everything about them is amazing

it worth the extra little cash

4 hours ago, Alireza said:

and stick to Asus

Err, nope. All motherboard (or really any component) providers are pretty much identical in that they produce a mixture of good, mediocre and terrible models, and ASUS is no exception.

[ P R O J E C T _ M E L L I F E R A ]

[ 5900X @4.7GHz PBO2 | X570S Aorus Pro | 32GB GSkill Trident Z 3600MHz CL16 | EK-Quantum Reflection ]
[ ASUS RTX4080 TUF OC @3000MHz | O11D-XL | HardwareLabs GTS and GTX 360mm | XSPC D5 SATA ]

[ TechN / Phanteks G40 Blocks | Corsair AX750 | ROG Swift PG279Q | Q-Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4 ]

P R O J E C T | S A N D W A S P

6900K | RTX2080 | 32GB DDR4-3000 | Custom Loop 

4 hours ago, Alireza said:

and stick to Asus

No that is just not true at all. You cannot say that about any manufacturer. They all make good/bad products. Also Asus are usually more expensive just because it is Asus. So 9/10 you can get better value with other brands.

1 minute ago, lee32uk said:

No that is just not true at all. You cannot say that about any manufacturer. They all make good/bad products. Also Asus are usually more expensive just because it is Asus. So 9/10 you can get better value with other brands.

I have a Zephyrus g14 and I can say nothing is like Asus

my personal rig is also all Asus Strix

4 minutes ago, Alireza said:

I have a Zephyrus g14 and I can say nothing is like Asus

my personal rig is also all Asus Strix

They make good/bad products just like any other manufacturer. So saying everything about them is amazing just isn't true. Go look at their AMD B450 boards if you want to see some mostly 'Bad' Asus products.

2 hours ago, lee32uk said:

They make good/bad products just like any other manufacturer. So saying everything about them is amazing just isn't true. Go look at their AMD B450 boards if you want to see some mostly 'Bad' Asus products.

there not bad

there o---k

but not bad

I believe Asus is the Apple of pc industry

they have o---k product

but definitely not bad

1 hour ago, Alireza said:

there not bad

there o---k

but not bad

I believe Asus is the Apple of pc industry

they have o---k product

but definitely not bad

You are paying for the name with Asus, just like you are with Apple. So they are usually the most expensive, but that doesn't mean they are the best. They (Asus) have some very good products, but they also have a lot of bad products.

It is probably best to agree to disagree, as I don't want to derail the op's thread.