Looking for an aftermarket CPU cooler for Ryzen 5 3600

Xolin

I was using the stock cooler but it doesn't seem like it's doing a good job so I'm looking for a good budget aftermarket CPU cooler that allows me to overclock. I don’t have much money left in my budget, so I’m wondering if someone could maybe recommend a good cheap CPU cooler. CPU is Ryzen 5 3600. 

Options:

• Arctic Freezer 12 CO
  • Antec C400 Elite Performance

• Arctic Freezer 34 eSports Red

• CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Spectrum

• ID-COOLING SE-224-XT Basic

@Xolin Well, the Hyper 212 Spectrum seems to be the best out of the bunch, it has way better contact surface than others.

But, what about your case? I was looking to buy Hyper 212 Evo, but was alerted by one of the forum members for clearance issue. This is something most new builders overlook.. Tell us your other specs too.

Pricing? Usually Freezer 34 or SE-224-xt basic offer much better value than overpriced 212.

I only used hyper 212 and arctic freezer 12,34.

All of them are perfectly good for cooling a r5 3600 but in term of looks I would either pick hyper 212 turbo black or arctic freezer 34.

Also look for your case info hyper 212 is a little taller than arctic freezer 34.

24 minutes ago, Hold-Ma-Beer said:

@Xolin Well, the Hyper 212 Spectrum seems to be the best out of the bunch, it has way better contact surface than others.

But, what about your case? I was looking to buy Hyper 212 Evo, but was alerted by one of the forum members for clearance issue. This is something most new builders overlook.. Tell us your other specs too.

PC case - Corsair 4000D. 
RAM - DDR4 16G (8GX2) 3200 CL16 DELTA TUF Gaming Alliance RGB TEAM

20 minutes ago, Jeppes said:

Pricing? Usually Freezer 34 or SE-224-xt basic offer much better value than overpriced 212.

5 minutes ago, Ero said:

I only used hyper 212 and arctic freezer 12,34.

All of them are perfectly good for cooling a r5 3600 but in term of looks I would either pick hyper 212 turbo black or arctic freezer 34.

Also look for your case info hyper 212 is a little taller than arctic freezer 34.

I have the option of buying the Freezer 34 for 145NIS (roughly 43$). SE-224-XT is about 48$, and the Hyper 212 Spectrum is 32$. 

I also have the option of buying a used Noctua NH-U12S which will cost me 120NIS. (around 35$). Another option would be Ncotua NH-D14 for 120NIS (35$). I’m not sure if Noctua’s coolers are AM4 compatible out of the box, so what should I choose? 

9 minutes ago, Xolin said:

PC case - Corsair 4000D. 
RAM - DDR4 16G (8GX2) 3200 CL16 DELTA TUF Gaming Alliance RGB TEAM

I have the option of buying the Freezer 34 for 145NIS (roughly 43$). SE-224-XT is about 48$, and the Hyper 212 Spectrum is 32$. 

I also have the option of buying a used Noctua NH-U12S which will cost me 120NIS. (around 35$). Another option would be Ncotua NH-D14 for 120NIS (35$). I’m not sure if Noctua’s coolers are AM4 compatible out of the box, so what should I choose? 

Just check out how much an am4 kit would cost for a Noctua D14? Its about 9€ here and you can ask for a free one from Noctua if you have proof of purchase for old cooler and new cpu&motherboard.

With those prices 212 is the best option of new coolers. 

2 hours ago, Jeppes said:

Just check out how much an am4 kit would cost for a Noctua D14? Its about 9€ here and you can ask for a free one from Noctua if you have proof of purchase for old cooler and new cpu&motherboard.

And how good is the Snowman M-T4? I can buy it for 23$. Another option is AMD Wraith Prism LED RGB Cooler -  30$. 

I think I can get proof of purchase, is the D14 the best cooler here? I think it's too big, ain’t it?

21 hours ago, Jeppes said:

I read the story here I and it seems that U12S is better than D14. Should I get the U12S?