The Samsung CRG5 is a garbage monitor

matt12046

So I've had the 27" Samsung CRG5 monitor for going on seven months now and I've had it up to my neck with this thing, and I'm a little drunk so I'm going to rip into this flaming dumpster fire of a monitor.

This thing sucks. First, they have the audacity to print "Nvidia G-Sync" right on the front of the damn thing but using the feature makes it a nauseating experience that seriously, and I kid you not, put me off my appetite before. Ya see, this was supposed to be a 240 hertz gsync panel for the masses and was pimped as such on every article I could find. Little did I know about the dreaded curse of *lightning and thunder* INVERSE GHOSTING!!!! Now, we know what ghosting is, right? Well imagine that you had a monitor that was ghosting at higher frame rates but instead of just looking like hot garbage, it actually assaulted your eye balls every time you had the balls to try and use a feature you paid for. Sure, you can turn off adaptive sync, but why the hell would I do that WHEN I PAID FOR ADAPTIVE SYNC.

And Samsung's customer service is a joke. Like the forums are packed with "Inverse ghosting" this and "Why the hell did I pay $400 to feel like I had sand in my eyes" that but not so much as a single helpful response. My personal favorite was where an actually honest to god samsung mod basically told this dude to go pound sand.

image.thumb.png.325c6b2d71f31fb35de51a5b04d07985.png

See, and it's not even the CRG5 series, it's like, all of them. What the hell Samsung?

Anyway, anyone have any tips for this piece of tech before I throw it through a plate glass window and down six stories?

Edit: I’m attaching an image of the issue, keep in mind it can only be captured this way as it doesn’t show up in screen captures. 

FD2C2375-8479-4DDB-BAAD-E273645710DE.jpeg

Just imagine, every hard edge in the game does that. Now imagine trying to not be motion sick.

My daily driver.

• CPU
    Intel i5 6600 K
  • Motherboard
    Asus Maximus VIII Hero
  • RAM
    16 Gig of G.Skill TridentZ Series 3000 Mhz
  • GPU
    EVGA 1070 FTW edition
  • Case
    Fractal Design Define R5
  • Storage
    Samsung 850 Series 250GB for boot + WD 2TB Black
  • PSU
    Corsair RM 750W
  • Cooling
    Corsair H100 V2
  • Keyboard
    Corsair K 70 LUX
  • Mouse
    Corsair Raptor M45
  • PCPartPicker URL

I have this monitor and i can confirm that its a hot garbage. Worst thing is Samsung is not acknowledge this as a problem. Thanks to this bad experience i will never buy Samsung product ever again.

Have u tried disabling BFI, image duplication is almost always the fault of BFI, when the backlight isnt synced with the refresh rate u get image duplication.

Inverse Ghosting, aka overshoot can be tuned by lowering overdrive settings. If the option is still available when Gsync in enabled.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |