How to set up a ReadyNAS 2100 (Netgear)

G_K

I have got my first server which is a NAS server, i don't know what software i need to set this up as i have looked up online NAS Model ( ReadyNAS 2100) Advanced netwrok storage Netgear

You don't need any software. Simply plug it into your router, use the routers configuration page to find its IP address then put that IP into your favourite web browser.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

6 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

You don't need any software. Simply plug it into your router, use the routers configuration page to find its IP address then put that IP into your favourite web browser.

I tried that, i have the IP and i copyed and pasted it into a browser but it doesn't load anything 

8 minutes ago, Uknown0002 said:

I tried that, i have the IP and i copyed and pasted it into a browser but it doesn't load anything 

Do you have a laptop? If yes the try running a cable directly from the NAS to the laptop and see if you can connect to it then (you can do this with a desktop as well as long as you can physically get a cable between the two).

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

18 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Do you have a laptop? If yes the try running a cable directly from the NAS to the laptop and see if you can connect to it then (you can do this with a desktop as well as long as you can physically get a cable between the two).

ok i tried that by connecting a Ethernet cable from the NAS to my laptop but it dosen't come up only as unidentified network no internet

1 minute ago, Uknown0002 said:

ok i tried that by connecting a Ethernet cable from the NAS to my laptop but it dosen't come up only as unidentified network no internet

That is expected since its a direct connection between 2 devices and there is no DHCP server. Does the laptop have an IP address?

10 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

That is expected since its a direct connection between 2 devices and there is no DHCP server. Does the laptop have an IP address?

IMG_1154.jpg