Blizzard cell phone shenanigans

So the other day I decided to go over my account and update it.  I removed my old cell phone number and when I went to add my new number, it said the phone number is invalid.  I use Cricket Wireless and have had my number for years.  I gave up on it and didn't think much of it until i logged into Wow and was missing 4 backpack spots.  You get the extra spots  for having the blizzard authenticator and sms authentication. I decided to open up a ticket which was pointless in the end.  Does anyone have any pull with them to make some changes or get their attention?  I'm not alone in the forums with this problem and it seemed start being an issue in July from what I have read. It's absolutely ridiculous that I would have to get a more expensive plan with another provider.   I use my phone just fine with Steam Guard, Google Authenticator and so on.  Blizzard seems to have an issue though.

Talonscour
Hello! How are you this fine morning! I hope the weather isn't too bad where you are? :)
First, I'd like to say sorry for the wait time getting to your ticket. We've been in-undated with returning players currently at home due to recent world events.
We’re sorry to hear that adding your mobile phone number has not gone as planned. You may get this error if: • Your phone is pre-paid. Pre-paid phones cannot be used for SMS notifications. • You enter the number wrong (hyphens, typos, too many digits, etc.) • Your number is unsupported (e.g. Voice Over IP number) • Your number doesn't belong with your registered country. For example, an Irish number while the account is set to UK. • The number you’re trying to add is not a cellphone • The phone you’re trying to add does not match the country on your Blizzard account. If your account is registered to the wrong country, please update it here: https://battle.net/support/help/product/services/316/638/solution Be aware some providers simply do not support this kind of sms protect service, and we will not be able to determine if your phone provider supports it or not. If you are certain your phone should work and need assistance attempting to add the phone number, please contact us on live chat during open hours below, however be aware that we cannot bypass the limitations of a phone contract/number. battle.net/support/en/help/contact/322/ticket We understand that it might not be quick solution you hoped for but I would like you to know that it's been a pleasure to assist people like yourself, where possible