Ps5 questions

Stargaze obama

I am looking at buying a digital ps5 a month or so after launch but I have a few questions about the digital version, my first question is specific to apex legends, I mainly play it on my PC but I know it's free to play in PlayStation, no ps plus is needed, will this still be the case for the ps5? I don't have to money and don't want to spend £50 a year to use my internet, and my final question is will old games be free that I had on my PS4? I used to have starwars battlefront for instance that I bought used, if I sign in on my PS4 account will I be able to download a digital copy of starwars battlefront? Because I know how expensive digital versions of games are even years after launch, thanks in advance

8 minutes ago, Stargaze obama said:

I am looking at buying a digital ps5 a month or so after launch but I have a few questions about the digital version, my first question is specific to apex legends, I mainly play it on my PC but I know it's free to play in PlayStation, no ps plus is needed, will this still be the case for the ps5? I don't have to money and don't want to spend £50 a year to use my internet, and my final question is will old games be free that I had on my PS4? I used to have starwars battlefront for instance that I bought used, if I sign in on my PS4 account will I be able to download a digital copy of starwars battlefront? Because I know how expensive digital versions of games are even years after launch, thanks in advance

I can't answer the first question as I do not play that game.

The second question, about the games, I'm afraid that you will have to either buy the game digital. Or you will have to buy the more expensive disc version of the console.

I do have a question, if you are PC player, why are you going to console?

System

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

Case: Phanteks eclipse P400A

Motherboard: MSI B550 Gaming Carbon WiFi

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 TI Gaming X Trio

RAM: 16GB XPG D60G CL16 3200MHZ

PSU: Sharkoon SilentStorm Cool Zero 650W

Storage: Crucial P2 1TB

7 hours ago, CloudPC said:

I can't answer the first question as I do not play that game.

The second question, about the games, I'm afraid that you will have to either buy the game digital. Or you will have to buy the more expensive disc version of the console.

I do have a question, if you are PC player, why are you going to console?

I went from console to pc because it was much cheaper to actually play games, but I can't play split screen like on console, me and my brother used have a lot of fun playing battle front together but it's not possible on PC as well as the games still being way to expensive for what they are, ps5 is also a pretty good deal and my brother does prefer console so why not I guess, as far as Apex legends, it's free to play on PS4 but not on Xbox one, I don't know why this is and I hope it doesn't change on the ps5

10 hours ago, Stargaze obama said:

10 hours ago, CloudPC said:

I also cannot answer the first question as I don't know what the plans are for Apex Legens on PS5. As for the second question about backwards compatibility, @CloudPC is pretty much spot-on here - content you previously bought digitally via the PSN store should be downloadable via your Playstation Network account, however, any games you've purchased on physical media require that you place the disc into the console, just like you did on the PS4.

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/10/09/ps4-games-on-ps5-your-top-questions-answered/

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

9 hours ago, kirashi said:

I also cannot answer the first question as I don't know what the plans are for Apex Legens on PS5. As for the second question about backwards compatibility, @CloudPC is pretty much spot-on here - content you previously bought digitally via the PSN store should be downloadable via your Playstation Network account, however, any games you've purchased on physical media require that you place the disc into the console, just like you did on the PS4.

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/10/09/ps4-games-on-ps5-your-top-questions-answered/

Would you have any idea about why the PS4 doesn't require PS plus for apex legends and why Xbox requires Xbox live gold? It seems odd to me and I hope they don't change it, and would you know what the state of the psn store is like? Do old games still sell for ridiculous amounts? Thanks

15 hours ago, Stargaze obama said:

I went from console to pc because it was much cheaper to actually play games, but I can't play split screen like on console, me and my brother used have a lot of fun playing battle front together but it's not possible on PC as well as the games still being way to expensive for what they are, ps5 is also a pretty good deal and my brother does prefer console so why not I guess, as far as Apex legends, it's free to play on PS4 but not on Xbox one, I don't know why this is and I hope it doesn't change on the ps5

With steam you can stream the game to another system and play coop off one PC. 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

4 hours ago, Lord Vile said:

With steam you can stream the game to another system and play coop off one PC. 

I imagine youd need a lot of power to do that and play on low, I have a laptop to stream to if that would work? But my WiFi is very very slow, I get around 600kps upload and 500 down, which is barely enough for multiplayer if that's an issue?

1 hour ago, Stargaze obama said:

I imagine youd need a lot of power to do that and play on low, I have a laptop to stream to if that would work? But my WiFi is very very slow, I get around 600kps upload and 500 down, which is barely enough for multiplayer if that's an issue?

Depends on the game but not really, all the work is done on the host system so as long as you're realistic. 

It doesn't go through the landline so you should only be limited by the throughput your router is capable of not your internet speed. Failing that just ethernet them together. Think of it as a lan party but all the work is being done by one machine.

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

9 hours ago, Stargaze obama said:

Would you have any idea about why the PS4 doesn't require PS plus for apex legends and why Xbox requires Xbox live gold? It seems odd to me and I hope they don't change it, and would you know what the state of the psn store is like? Do old games still sell for ridiculous amounts? Thanks

No idea, that would be a great question for Sony / Respawn Entertainment. Though I had PS Now and XBox Live for the initial year we purchased both our Xbox 360 and PS4 in, I refuse to renew it just so I can play games on servers that aren't even owned & operated by Sony most of the time, on top of our internet connection.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

21 hours ago, Lord Vile said:

Depends on the game but not really, all the work is done on the host system so as long as you're realistic. 

It doesn't go through the landline so you should only be limited by the throughput your router is capable of not your internet speed. Failing that just ethernet them together. Think of it as a lan party but all the work is being done by one machine.

Thanks I'll definitely look into it, and if I have any questions I hope it's okay to ask you, thansk again