Ryzen 9 3900x

Butterz1999

This might be a stupid question but how good is the Ryzen 9 3900x  stock cooler? Is it good or do I need to upgrade it.

Help plz

22 minutes ago, Butterz1999 said:

This might be a stupid question but how good is the Ryzen 9 3900x  stock cooler? Is it good or do I need to upgrade it.

Help plz

I have a 3700x which comes with the same stock cooler (Wraith Prism). It's fine until you overclock and to my understanding the same is true for the 3900x. It is fairly noisy though, changes in fan speed were very noticeable. I personally upgraded the cooler to a Scythe Mugen 5 Rev.B which has been much cooler and quieter.

That's pretty warm, some guys would say its ok but.. it might be.. but I wouldn't want to see my CPU in the 90s all the time. I would assume pretty much anything would be better than stock. I don't own an AMD system so I cant really recommend a good cooler. But I would think a top end CPU would need a top end heatsink or AIO or CLC or whatever they are 😄

Especially if you want to overclock.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL- C12 Pro, 2x TL-K12, SYY-157
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 4 x 8GB G.Skill Trident Z Mix @ 3733 14-14-14-34 1.5v
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X, 2x SN770, Asus Hyper M.2
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal TorrentCompact | 1x Phanteks T30, 1x TL-B12, 1x TY-143

You don't need to upgrade it. Its safe to use.

If it was mine, I would upgrade it. I agree with others here. High temps aren't good for components. My stock 3600 cooler was a bit loud and ran in the mid/high 80s. Stock coolers are sufficient, but not great.

The cooler Ryzen is, the higher it boosts, so you'll get a little performance bump if you upgrade. Though it probably won't be noticable unless you run a lot of heavy workloads.

avoid stock cooler if you will stress your CPU..for any work like browsing,office stock will do the job....that thing heats really a lot,I have it and know it.

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.