Your most and least favorite PC component brands

What is your most and least favourite PC component brand and why?

Most Favorite:
Reason:

Least Favorite:

Reason:

I'll start with my opinions!

Most Favorite: Corsair
Reason: I love their design language of everything they do. Classy enough but a little 'gamery' where it needs to be. Good quality products too, never had a bad thing from them.

Least Favorite: MSi

Reason: Pretty much the opposite of Corsair. Their red dragon aesthetic made me cringe, a lot of their products are 'gamer' to the extreme, and the one MSi item I ever had failed on me (GPU). Also very recently it appears they can't control their subsidiary companies too well who were actively scalping their own cards. Only thing I like about them is Afterburner

Let's see how this goes!

CURRENT: intel i9-10900K ASUS ROG Maximus XII Hero ROG Strix RTX 3090 32GB 3600MHz Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro RM1000i Lian Li O11-Dynamic

OFFICE: intel i5-3570K ASUS Z77 mITX EVGA GTX 970 SC 16GB 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance LP Silverstone SFX PSU Fractal Design Node 202

Most Favorite: MSI 
Reason: MSI was one of the first computer brands I thought about when building my first PC using their motherboards. ASUS has rubbed me the wrong way with quality control and their prices( see below). I am a big fan of the color red and when purchasing my Z97 motherboard, MSI was the one that could deliver on what I was looking for. I never had a problem with that motherboard after 4-1/2 years of use and decided to go with the MSI theme of their GPU lineup as well. Now my second rig has a MSI motherboard, MSI graphics card, and an MSI monitor I bought a couple months after. I even went as far as buying a MSI gaming laptop because I could no longer trust HP as they went down hill. 

Least Favorite: ASUStek

Reason: Back in 2014, I received an ASUS gaming laptop as a gift for school at the time from my parents. That laptop was nothing but trouble from BSODs to horrible quality control with the materials they used. After returning and exchanging the laptop out three times in less than two weeks, the third one seemed to be working ok. After the return window, the laptop began to BSOD and I contacted support where the customer service agent basically told me the issue was an outdated driver and to start updating a driver after reading the minidump file. I thought it was BS that they would tell me that but I finally got the laptop back to normal. 

Six months go by and I go to use the laptop and the laptop's fans kick into overdrive and would not boot at all. I took it to Best Buy's Geek Squad as I had a warranty plan with them at the time and they investigated. Got a call stating the motherboard took a shit and needs a new motherboard. I decided right there and then to get rid of this POS laptop and they gave me back store credit of the purchasing price of the laptop. I decided to go with a MacBook at the time as I didn't trust any other brand at the time as I had little knowledge. 

I still don't trust ASUS with any of their motherboard products as they are overpriced and seems QC has gone the way their laptop lineup has after watching YouTube videos and witnessing others exchange out motherboards at Micro Center. Those two guys went with a MSI motherboard after the ASUS one failed with less than a year of use. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

Most Favorite: Gigabyte
Reason: I recently got the B450-M DS3H mobo from them for my budget build and had an older style LG-1150 socket mobo from them before that. Both mobos have had no issues at all. I was very impressed for what I got for the price with the DS3H and overall have had good results from them. I have always seen them as a reliable company in terms of their products longevity and overall would never go with a different mobo brand (I probably would if it had the right features and price but you know what I mean). 

Least Favorite: Nvidia (currently)

Reason: I don't hate them and haven't always disliked them but it is pretty frustrating the way the carried out releasing the 30xx cards. I was not in the market for one, in fact I wasn't even considering it, but watching and listening to all the people who are losing their cards to scalpers is pretty frustrating. Not saying I have an idea of how they should have gone about it, but there has to be a way to minimize the amount of scalpers who get the cards in their hands. 

Another thing is the availability. They say they had no idea that it would be this bad, but really, how could they not see this coming? With the amount of performance per dollar they were promoting, it was pretty obvious in my eyes this would happen. I think they could have done a lot of things differently to help out the companies who are selling them and overall have more cards out to the real people who have a use for them other than ripping people off. (yes I know this is subjective, just my opinion). 

once they get their sh*t together, I think they have a really good product that could really change the community. They just need to figure out the distributing of it.

I am not an expert! I have had experience building computers but in no way am I Linus! Please correct me if I am wrong, I would love to here your feedback!

Have a good day!

Most Favorite: Razer

Reason: I understand the Internet has pretty much agreed that Razer is overpriced garbage, but in my experience they've held up. And yes they do cost more than a comparable product, but honestly it's been worth it in my opinion. Their advertising and marketing can be cringe worthy, and frankly not everything they make it worth it but for the products that I use, their quality has been pretty good. I just purchased one of their Blades and the build is just great. I know, I know...I'm gonna eat my words on that purchase. And if that happens then I switch to someone else, not a fanboy by any stretch of the imagination, but again they haven't really let me down yet in the areas I buy for. Plus in terms of aesthetics, which I admit I'm a sucker for, their color scheme matches my builds so there's that.

Least Favorite: Intel

Reason: For the past several years I've been disappointed by Intel's generational CPU advancements...they seem so small compared to when they used to do their tick tock way of doing things. And yet the premium price remains the same. Like, I'm on a Haswell based processor and looking at the chips today, SEVEN generations ahead of mine btw, I don't see the need to upgrade. Yeah they are better sure but compared to the price and what they offer, it just seems like AMD is knocking it out of the park. Intel seems to have lost its steam in innovation and AMD is leaving them in the dust. When I redo my desktop that I built in 2015, I'm really considering making it an AMD based system.