Bluetooth Connectivity Issues

Smushily

I have recently bought a wireless controller for my pc. I have been using bluetooth speakers for a while on my pc and suddenly one day the toggle itself for bluetooth in completely gone...

I have ran the bluetooth troubleshooter and it says my computer does not even have bluetooth, which is absurd.

I have also tried updating the drivers through device manager, and bluetooth does not even show up.. 

wtf.PNG

wtf2.PNG

wtf3.PNG

3 minutes ago, Smushily said:

I have recently bought a wireless controller for my pc. I have been using bluetooth speakers for a while on my pc and suddenly one day the toggle itself for bluetooth in completely gone...

I have ran the bluetooth troubleshooter and it says my computer does not even have bluetooth, which is absurd.

I have also tried updating the drivers through device manager, and bluetooth does not even show up.. 

wtf.PNG

wtf2.PNG

wtf3.PNG

What kind of Bluetooth transmitter do you have, in s it built in to a WiFi adapter or a stand alone USB model? 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

1 minute ago, Donut417 said:

What kind of Bluetooth transmitter do you have, in s it built in to a WiFi adapter or a stand alone USB model? 

I'm gonna be honest, I have 0 clue what either of those are.. How do I check?

21 minutes ago, Smushily said:

I'm gonna be honest, I have 0 clue what either of those are.. How do I check?

Well a USB model will be in the USB port, somewhere on your machine. If you have one built in to WiFi then you will need to check your WiFi adapters specs to see what Bluetooth standard it is. 

33 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Well a USB model will be in the USB port, somewhere on your machine. If you have one built in to WiFi then you will need to check your WiFi adapters specs to see what Bluetooth standard it is. 

There is definitely not a exteral usb port for bluetooth. This is the wifi chip, would you mean updating the driver? It could also be because my computer runs off of ethernet?

wtf4.PNG

1 hour ago, Smushily said:

It could also be because my computer runs off of ethernet?

No. My pc runs off Ethernet and Bluetooth works fine off my wireless card. Though Bluetooth is a bit wonky in Windows 10. I’ll check your adapters specs when I get home from work. 

3 hours ago, Smushily said:

There is definitely not a exteral usb port for bluetooth. This is the wifi chip, would you mean updating the driver? It could also be because my computer runs off of ethernet?

wtf4.PNG

https://www.qualcomm.com/products/qca9377

According to the Qualcomm website it does have Bluetooth 5.0, which is the newest standard. What you can try is disabling the adapter in device manager and reenable it. Maybe that will reset it. The other thing you can try is uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling them. 

10 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

https://www.qualcomm.com/products/qca9377

According to the Qualcomm website it does have Bluetooth 5.0, which is the newest standard. What you can try is disabling the adapter in device manager and reenable it. Maybe that will reset it. The other thing you can try is uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling them. 

uninstall device from device manager? I updated the driver and it found one automatically. did nothing. disabled driver, restarted and renabled. nothing. The only thing i havent done is uninstall device completely and idk how to get it back if i did uninstall it

49 minutes ago, Smushily said:

uninstall device from device manager? I updated the driver and it found one automatically. did nothing. disabled driver, restarted and renabled. nothing. The only thing i havent done is uninstall device completely and idk how to get it back if i did uninstall it

Generally when you uninstall a device in device manager you can hit the refresh button in device manager and it should search for devices. 

21 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Generally when you uninstall a device in device manager you can hit the refresh button in device manager and it should search for devices. 

alright i uninstalled and refreshed it made no difference :(

1 minute ago, Smushily said:

alright i uninstalled and refreshed it made no difference :(

Can you detect and connect to WiFi networks with the card? 

You mentioned that the driver automatically installed. So its likely a Microsoft made driver. They cant release a creators update without issues to save their lives, so my guessing is their drivers suffer from similar quality issues. 

https://www.qualcomm.com/products/qca9377/software this driver is direct from Qualcomm, id try to install that and see if that works.

4 hours ago, Donut417 said:

You mentioned that the driver automatically installed. So its likely a Microsoft made driver. They cant release a creators update without issues to save their lives, so my guessing is their drivers suffer from similar quality issues. 

https://www.qualcomm.com/products/qca9377/software this driver is direct from Qualcomm, id try to install that and see if that works.

the download doesnt show up when i search for drivers on my pc...

5 hours ago, Donut417 said:

I will update this and see if it works

sdadd.PNG

On 10/9/2020 at 6:27 PM, Donut417 said:

I had that installed and still nothing :/

installed.PNG

bt.PNG

3 minutes ago, Smushily said:

I had that installed and still nothing :/

installed.PNG

bt.PNG

Id check if you can connect to WiFi with this card. If not the next step for me would be to open the machine up and reseat the card. If this is a laptop, generally you will either have some kind of door you can open or you just pull the bottom of the laptop. In a desktop, Ive seen them located in several place. Some times they are just somewhere on the mother board laying flat. Other times they might be right up behind the I/O area with a metal bracket around them. 

The card will be in a M.2 form factor or maybe a mini PCIe form factor. It will have a few antenna wires connected to it. There might be a screw that locks it in place. Generally you carefully remove the antenna wires. Unscrew it if it has a screw and remove it. Then just slot it back in. Make sure is securely in the slot and do the opposite of taking it out. 

If that doesn't work, then its likely the card might have died. 

On 10/11/2020 at 5:00 PM, Donut417 said:

Id check if you can connect to WiFi with this card. If not the next step for me would be to open the machine up and reseat the card. If this is a laptop, generally you will either have some kind of door you can open or you just pull the bottom of the laptop. In a desktop, Ive seen them located in several place. Some times they are just somewhere on the mother board laying flat. Other times they might be right up behind the I/O area with a metal bracket around them. 

The card will be in a M.2 form factor or maybe a mini PCIe form factor. It will have a few antenna wires connected to it. There might be a screw that locks it in place. Generally you carefully remove the antenna wires. Unscrew it if it has a screw and remove it. Then just slot it back in. Make sure is securely in the slot and do the opposite of taking it out. 

If that doesn't work, then its likely the card might have died. 

i can connect and use wifi just fine. this pc is less then a year old. i have updated drivers and everything other then replacement. you think i should unscrew and rescrew it in even though wifi works on the card?

46 minutes ago, Smushily said:

i can connect and use wifi just fine. this pc is less then a year old. i have updated drivers and everything other then replacement. you think i should unscrew and rescrew it in even though wifi works on the card?

I’d try it but I think you have some software issues. Like I said, I’ve had Bluetooth issues with Windows 10 myself. That’s partly why I use a Mac as my main machine and only use Windows for gaming. 

9 hours ago, Donut417 said:

I’d try it but I think you have some software issues. Like I said, I’ve had Bluetooth issues with Windows 10 myself. That’s partly why I use a Mac as my main machine and only use Windows for gaming. 

guess ill have to use my controllers wired : ( 

• 2 months later...
On 10/15/2020 at 6:41 AM, Smushily said:

guess ill have to use my controllers wired : ( 

Try holding shift wile shutting down. IT fixed it for me.

So just press shift wile shutting down and don't have the power cable connected.

Then wait 30sec after avery fan has stopt spining every light has gone out.

Then start it back up.

It just reappeard for me and i had the same insane problems