Surface laptop 3 VS HP Envy X360

Hi,

I recently bought a surface laptop 3 with the base config and have so far liked it. At the time of purchase i also considered the Envy X360 in the Ryzen 5 config, but at the time it was out of stock and I couldn't wait for it to come back in stock. It is now back in stock and my surface laptop is still within its return window and im wondering whether it would be worth switching as from what i can see the envy will give me better performance and save me £180 compared to what i paid for the surface laptop 3 which is good obviously very good, but I am wondering whether there will be any major downsides to switching that would make saving that money not worth it? 

Thanks in advance for any help.

16 minutes ago, _lucalink said:

Thanks in advance for any help

From many years of professional expereince:

Don't buy HP products, they are shyte. Full stop.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

19 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Yes, they are shyte. But looking at recent offerings looks pretty compelling.

At least they use Precision driver this time.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

23 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

From many years of professional expereince:

1 minute ago, SupaKomputa said:

Yes, they are shyte. But looking at recent offerings looks pretty compelling.

At least they use Precision driver this time.

The one Im considering is thsi

https://www.amazon.co.uk/HP-13-ay0008na-Touch-Screen-Convertible-Laptop/dp/B0877LFKQZ/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=1I5Z0EQ90L4L&dchild=1&keywords=envy+x360&qid=1602248391&sprefix=envy+x360%2Caps%2C544&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzUFI2MVNPMDJCM1lDJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwODk1MDI3MjZNMDhOTDZTWTdFNiZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwOTM5MzUzUU43R05SNTlNWjhDJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

which linus seemed to really like

1 minute ago, _lucalink said:

which linus seemed to really like

First impressions and all that. It's about build quality and more important, longevity of the internal parts, and HP scums out on that like no one else (with the possible exception of eMachines, and I think they are no longer in business)

Their legacy, post retirement of the founders of HP, have been a race to the bottom, a disastrous merger with Compaq, DRM-injected into their once great printer line, wretched home consumer lines of products (HP DV-line of laptops ring any bells?) and at best, middling business line of systems.

HP are shyte, have been for many many years, and will continue to be for a long time to come.

Save your money, stick with the surface.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Yes, that's the one. 4500u will be way faster than that surface ryzen 3580U.

But the surface has 2K monitor for your consideration, that's worth $200.

The alternative is Lenovo Flip 5, same convertible.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

46 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

Yes, that's the one. 4500u will be way faster than that surface ryzen 3580U.

But the surface has 2K monitor for your consideration, that's worth $200.

The alternative is Lenovo Flip 5, same convertible.

I am not talking about the 15 inch surface laptop. 

here is the model that i currently have.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Microsoft-Surface-Ultra-Thin-Touchscreen-Platinum/dp/B07Y5H8WYW/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2WVSR2Y7ZPG95&dchild=1&keywords=surface+laptop+3&qid=1602251851&sprefix=surface+laptop%2Caps%2C207&sr=8-3

That surface has a weak cpu and gpu.

this come across, matebook with 3500u. thin and light very cheap.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/HUAWEI-MateBook-2020-Multi-screen-Collaboration/dp/B083T5HFPX/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=matebook+ryzen&qid=1602252308&sr=8-1

28 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

That surface has a weak cpu and gpu.

this come across, matebook with 3500u. thin and light very cheap.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/HUAWEI-MateBook-2020-Multi-screen-Collaboration/dp/B083T5HFPX/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=matebook+ryzen&qid=1602252308&sr=8-1

I am fine with the performance from this laptop but am more thinking about price. I really like the surface line. How would the Surface laptop Go compare to what i currently have?